Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Shopping: Sales to Snag Now!

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 50 Replies

It seems I can't go anywhere, including my email inbox, without seeing commercials, ads and enticing banners for fabulous items at fabulous prices. Sigh. And yes, I admit, I get swayed. I ponder, wonder, surf about and see if there is anything the family needs.

Of course, I'm not totally gullible to the ways of the business world -- we all know, there are sales every other week, trying to move inventory and making us think we are getting the most fabulous deal EVER. That isn't always the case...but, at those specific times during the year, there are really, really great sales on certain items. What am I checking out this month (by the way, it's August...where did the summer go)?

Linens -- With all of the "off to college" sales, this is the time to stock up on bedding. New pillows? Basic sheet set? Updated comforter? Any of these are on mega discount.

Swimwear -- As everyone is looking to snatch cozy cardigans and denim, why not stock up on a swimsuit for next summer. It may be tough to buy for the kids as you don't know how much they will grow over the next 12 months, but grab a one-piece or tankini or cover-up for you at low-low prices. Also, look for a good new suit for the hubby.

Craft supplies -- You can't walk two steps in the stores without "Back to School!" signs dancing in front of you. Yes, stock up on notebooks and glue sticks for the science fair project, but also think ahead. Start whistling "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and snatch up any crafts or items you can use in a few months. Look over Pinterest, maybe figure out what cool ornaments or décor you may want to tackle this year and grab your tools and needs while they are uber-cheap. Never to early to start thinking about the most wonderful time of the year!

What are you shopping for during this mega sale time?

©iStockphoto.com/ rustemgurler

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Craft supplies, eh? Good idea!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Good reminders :)

timon95
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:02 AM

craft supplies, back to school, clothes

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:18 AM

School supplies!!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM

School items

AzariahsMother
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Summer clothes
AzariahsMother
Sandals
AzariahsMother
Swimsuits
inmybizz
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I usually stock up on swimsuits for next summer.

wandep
by Pam on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM

We bought swimsuits for next year for the kiddos. We'll be going on a disney cruise in March and you won't be able to find them during that time. I went ahead and bought them two each.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)