Group Home

are they gender specific? i never knew lol

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:18 PM
  • 97 Replies

I make shaped crayons to sell and I had a lady ask me about monsters shapes. So I sent her this photo and let her know I can do them in any colors. She replied saying the party was for a little girl. Ok. So SHE asked for "monsters" for said little girl and all of a sudden BABY DINOS are not even something to consider?? lol. I have to laugh cause...since when were baby dinos gender specific??

What say you?

Then I told her i also had flowers hearts and hello kitty ones that I do...for a GIRL lol...and nothing.

But MONSTERS are appropriate.

LOL...she might think that the Lego crayons I have are also only for boys...

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoanahLee
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I think the whole idea of 'gendered' crayons is stupid. (and just about every other gendered toy as well).  My almost 3 year old dd LOVES dinosaurs! 

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM

exactly!! lol... i mean baby dinos...but she wanted MONSTERS for a little girl lol...which is fine with me...but why she put down the baby dinos like they are only for boys lol

Quoting JoanahLee:

I think the whole idea of 'gendered' crayons is stupid. (and just about every other gendered toy as well).  My almost 3 year old dd LOVES dinosaurs! 

wifeairforce
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Same here my dd loves starwars skulls and her skateboard. As a teacher I want all kids to feel they can play with any toy they want. Boys can play babies they have dads so why can't they play dads like the girls play mommy

Quoting JoanahLee:

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Maybe her party theme is monsters and dinosaur won't go well? Jmg. I don't like when they claim something is gender specific.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Seriously? I didn't know girls couldn't like dinosaurs... The gender stereotypes that we push on our kids is so ridiculous.
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:28 PM

that's perfectly fine if it didnt go with the theme...the point was...her reply to it was "the party is for a little girl" lol she implied the dinos were for boys..totally didnt even comment more...so that's what got me lol

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Maybe her party theme is monsters and dinosaur won't go well? Jmg. I don't like when they claim something is gender specific.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I think she may have said that is because on a lot of little boy's clothing, there are dinosaurs. I am with you on the monsters though lol. I don't understand that. Unless maybe she was thinking of Monsters Inc stuff.. I don't know lol.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:29 PM

well it didnt make sense to me...she wants MONSTERS for the girl...but somehow BABY DINOS dont make the cut LOL

and im not talking about her party theme...but just the way she replied to me in dismissing the dinos

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Seriously? I didn't know girls couldn't like dinosaurs... The gender stereotypes that we push on our kids is so ridiculous.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM

it's the SAME to me...monsters baby dinos...its on the same level to me..just so weird

Quoting ashleymosq:

I think she may have said that is because on a lot of little boy's clothing, there are dinosaurs. I am with you on the monsters though lol. I don't understand that. Unless maybe she was thinking of Monsters Inc stuff.. I don't know lol.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM

the movie has HUGE weird looking monsters...way scarier looking than some cute little baby dinos

Quoting ashleymosq:

Unless maybe she was thinking of Monsters Inc stuff.. I don't know lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky