Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why do i even bother!!!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:32 AM
  • 10 Replies

i learned ages ago to not bother with making plans.  the universe has it's own plans for me & no matter how small a plan i try to make it never seems to jive with that of the cosmos.  i try to go back to school, i get pregnant each time.  i try to save more $$, medical expenses pop up.  i try to take a vacation & something always derails it.  usually it's car issues but not this time.  hubby took the car in the other day to get the oil changed & to check it out, other than the check engine light which is on due to a short in the wiring all is well.  so what's the issue then?  weather!!

i was supposed to meet my oldest sister & her family in savannah for a long weekend.  they'll be down there for a feis (her youngest does irish dancing) & the kids & i were going to join them.  they're staying on tybee island, going down today & leaving sunday.  we were going down thursday - sunday.  i've been keeping tabs on the forcast for the area for the last week & a 1/2 & they were calling for scattered storms the whole time we'd be there.  ok, not the best vacation weather but at least if they are scattered there would be a chance the kids could get to the beach & do things outdoors.  my children have never seen the ocean or a beach of any kind.  we've never had a vacation that didn't involve going to family's home somewhere.  so we were all looking forward to this trip.  the kids to see & play at the beach, my sister & her family getting to spend time with us, & me to have a long over due get away & to see my kids faces when they first step onto the beach & see the ocean.

well i woke up this morning & it's pouring rain here, wasn't in the forecast i saw at 5 yesterday.  so i got online & checked the weather for the savannah area.  while the temps are great, mid 80's much of the time, it's calling for thunderstorms thrusday & fri, the two days we were going to spend at the beach on tybee.  saturday is the feis in savannah so we are spending the day there & then sunday we are coming home. 

yes, we can still have family fun & we will be getting away, but when you plan a beach vacation & then have storms which make going to the beach not a very viable option it sucks!

oh, forgot to mention that my little guy was up on & off a good bit of the night coughing & complaining of a sore throat.  & my husband, though he's not going with us, woke up with a fever of 102.5.  he'll definitely be going to the dr today, he's never had a fever in the almost 11 years we've been together & depending on how my little guy feels when he wakes up he may be going to.

i guess the saying "when it rains it pours" is very fitting for us right now! :oI

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by CeeCee on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:36 PM

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM
That sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I'm so sorry ((((((hugs)))))))
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Good luck I hope you can still go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:12 AM
HUGS HUGS HUGS...I hope everyone feels better...
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Hugs mama i hope it turned out better !

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:18 AM

so sorry

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I understand what you mean. I am a planner. I had my bbq June's our yearly thing. Forecast called earlier in the week mid 70's, partly cloudy. It rained, poured until noon but then it got clear by the time people came and it ended up well.

We had money plans with hubby's bonus. Well this year he's not getting one since his company didn't make the quota. BS! It screwed a lot of our plans but I always have a plan B.

I guess just look at the brighter side, things could be worse. ;) But, I know what you mean and what you're going through.

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:35 AM

That is the way things seem to be going for us too. I'm sorry your plans aren't turning out how you had hoped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)