• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What rating would you give your zoo?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:06 AM
  • 59 Replies
From 1 to 10, how would you rate your zoo? What do you like and dislike?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoehlerBear1983
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:09 AM
i like the zoo closest to me. its not the biggest zoo but its decent. i however have nothing to compare it to since its the only one i have ever been to. so for all i know it sucks lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Adams_Rib
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I've only been to the Cincinnati zoo. I like it, but it's really hard to walk because it's very hilly. Maybe an 8. 

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:24 AM

4-5, maybe.  it's small, over priced, out dated (small enclosures for the animals) the only good thing i really have to say about it is that they have great luck with breeding their giant pandas.

SweetLuci
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Several zoos near me. The Jacksonville zoo is a 9. They have great events there, and a terriffic play area for kids. My kids always enjoyed feeding the animals, especially the giraffes. The Sanford zoo is a 7. Small but easier to get around. I really like the reptiles house.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:43 AM

love the zoos in ohio; cinci, columbus & cleveland.  we had planned a trip to visit family in cleveland this summer & were going to hit all 3 zoos but finances & our car didn't have that in the plans for us this year.

Quoting Adams_Rib:

I've only been to the Cincinnati zoo. I like it, but it's really hard to walk because it's very hilly. Maybe an 8. 

wandep
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:08 AM

We don't really have a zoo here in town and you would think the major city would. We have what is called the jr museum. It has a few animals and other things for you to check out. We're going to the jacksonville zoo on Saturday and can't wait. My son went in school but my daughter hasn't been. It's about a 3 hr drive. 

Flaca43
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Hmmm...I like one of our zoos a lot, the other one doesn't compare anymore to the first. I hate that the second one is under construction so much...doesn't seem any better either. It's sad, I loved that zoo as a kid. It has fallen...

AzariahsMother
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:35 AM
We have not been yet this year. Plan was to go 2 weeks ago but it rained. Trying for this weekend.
sunshinepraying
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Hmm... I don't know. It has some of it under construction..they're doing a new Penguin area. I wish we still could have seen them in their old area though :/ It would be a great zoo if they stopped focusing on building new things, and take care of the old stuff first. Some of the kid areas and such no longer really work and needs to be fixed up. So it's getting kind of run down there :/

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I like the zoo that is closest to us. I would give it an 8

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)