• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this is getting old!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 2 Replies

my hubby woke up today with a fever over 102.  he's a stubborn man & tried to go to work, he said he was going to stay in the office, paying bills, calling in orders, etc (he manages a small ny style deli).  his reasoning, he didn't want to wake the owners (who usually go in about 11ish) that early (6am) plus they wouldn't get there in time since they both live about an hour away. 

well he barely made it to work, called both owners when he pulled in the parking lot & told them what was up.  he went to his dr which is on the way home & they, luckily, open early on wednesday, 7:30am.  well he has a viral infection which they don't do anything for other than prescribing plenty of rest & fluids & tylenol for the fever & aches.  he got home about 8:30am & went to bed.  woke up about 2 & ate a little soup i had picked up for him when i took my son to his dr.

while eating his soup he gets a call from his boss & now he's on his way into work.  they don't know how to place the food order, can't find this, that etc.  my husband is mexican & while his english is good over the phone it's not so hot, his bosses are turkish & are hard to understand even in person.  so when they communicate on the phone things get lost in translation & there is allot of "what?". 

he swears he's just going in to take care of the orders & will be back in an hour.  i'm just so over this!  his bosses bought the restaurant about 5 years ago, without any prior restaurant experience.  they were just looking for some investment.  they are very nice guys & do actually work in the restaurant almost every day but you'd think after 5 years they'd know how to do more than make the food & run the register.  they rely way too much on my husband & it's infuriating!  he can never take a weekend off because it's their busiest times & they really need his expertise & repore with the customers.  he's pretty much there every day of the week, even if it's just for a few hours one day to place orders.  when he does manage to get an entire day off one or both of his bosses are calling him for something or another.

my husband's dream has always been to own his own restaurant which i admit i don't encourage too much, i know how much time & energy he'd put into it, but at this rate, with as much time as he puts into where he's at now he might as well own his own place!!

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momofsixangels
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Hope he feels better and hope his dream comes true!

Hottmomma607
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Tell him high fevers in adults is nothing to play with it! I hope he gets his dream!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)