Yield â€“ 4 sandwiches
Preparation Time â€“ 10 minutes
Cooking Time â€“ 25 minutes
- 1 lb. ground chuck ($1.99)
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced ($.59)
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce ($.20)
- 2 tsp minced onion ($.05)
- 1 tsp minced garlic ($.05)
- 1 tsp vinegar ($.02)
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard ($.01)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar ($.01)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 whole wheat buns ($.50)
- 4 slices provolone cheese ($.67)
- Clementines, bananas â€“ fresh fruit ($.50)
- Chips ($.75)
- Brown the ground beef. (If you want softer green peppers, cook them with the ground beef.) Drain and let sit.
- In the same skillet, add the tomato sauce, minced onion, minced garlic, vinegar, mustard and brown sugar. Stir and let simmer over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Add the brown beef and (uncooked or cooked) green peppers and combine. Simmer over low heat for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Spoon the sloppy joe meat over the buns and top with slice of cheese. Let the warm sauce melt the cheese, or microwave.
- Serve Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes with chips and fresh fruit.
Read more: http://www.5dollardinners.com/cheesesteak-sloppy-joes-friday-night-bite/#ixzz2b7pphoR6
on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM