Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a best friend other than your SO?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 27 Replies

It's Best Friend's Day so I got to wondering. Do you have a best friend other than your spouse?

Where did you meet? 

How long have you been friends?

How often do you see each other or talk to each other?

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myownparadise
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:14 PM
No. I learned that my large group of friends were only there when they wanted/needed something. I cut myself from socializing with people, and have yet to make new friends. It sucks bad too.
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Not anymore. We havent spoken in a month.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Yes. We've been best friends since kindergarten. We don't get to do stuff very often since we are so busy.
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I used to but she kept causing too much drama. I do have a group of close girlfriends that I see (probably once a year) when I go home to visit my family. I used to work up there and they are there for me if I need them. It's very hard to find great people like them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Yes. We met as grad students. She used to live near me but a few years ago she moved to Asia so FB and email is how we keep in touch these days. I miss her.
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a couple of close friends but, my bff from high school is still around!  We have known eachother for 18 years, met the first day of freshman year in homeroom.  We see eachother more lately but, have gone for years without and when we do talk it's like we never stopped talking!

This was taken today (I'm the blonde)

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Aug. 15, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Yep..We met in 1995..She moved into the apt I vacated...We now call each other "sister's by choice".. 

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Aug. 15, 2013 at 6:44 PM

And I'm going to see her TOMORROW..We're meeting halfway in Idaho and then we'll drive to Utah..Glas she LOVES me sooooo much.... 

kirstensmommie
by Joy on Aug. 15, 2013 at 6:44 PM

My best friend lives in North Caronlina and I live in Kentucky. She's my SO's cousin's gf. I've known her 4 years and we talk daily even if it's a quick hi.

KW1280
by Todah on Aug. 15, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Yes we have been friends for 36 years
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)