Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BIG News in our house! *added thanks on p.61 :-)*

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Amy
  • 615 Replies
338 moms liked this

I realized I was pregnant almost a month ago.  In the past, I've had 2 miscarriages and with my youngest son (who is 18 months old), I had a very rocky pregnancy at first and required progesterone injections during my first trimester to keep him healthy.  Anyway, finding out I was pregnant was a mixture of excitement and fear.  We've been praying and praying for a healthy baby.  So, finally, Thursday, I got to have my 1st ultrasound.  I have a seriously tilted uterus, which makes it very hard to get an image with the ultrasound maching in my dr's office. Since they couldn't see anything, I had to go to the hospital Friday morning to get another ultrasound with their good machine.  We got there and at first, the girl did an external ultrasound and just said shortly "I'm going to have to do an internal ultrasound".  Well, the way she said it scared me.  So, as she left the room to let me undress, I started to cry and tell DH I had a bad feeling that we were getting bad news.  He comforted me and told me that I needed to calm down....that we didn't know anything yet.  In a few minutes, the tech came back and started the ultrasound.  Immediately, she said "Yes, that's what I thought." She turned the screen in our direction and asked "Do twins run in your family?".  It was then that I saw 2 beautiful little beating hearts on the screen!  I COULD NOT stop crying tears of gratitude.  Minutes earlier, I had been scared I wouldn't even see 1 heartbeat, and now I see 2!  So, anyway, no, twins do not run in my family....so I was quite surprised.  I'm sooooo very excited!  I'm 9 weeks along today, so there are just few more weeks of the first trimester (and progesterone shots) left.  I just can't wait!

by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:42 AM
3 moms liked this

wow congrats on 2!!

amyjane22
by Amy on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM
5 moms liked this

Thank you!  I could not have been more surprised :)

Quoting Gabbysmom615:

wow congrats on 2!!

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

kirstensmommie
by Joy on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this
That's awesome!
jteffs
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM
3 moms liked this

Congratulations! That is amazing!

themissheather
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
How wonderful!! Congratulations to you!!!
amyjane22
by Amy on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks so much :)

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM
What wonderful news! Congrats to you and your family.
chillemi78
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! Wishing you a very healthy baby and very healthy babies!
newmomat22
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

aww congrats. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)