Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please come Answer to help DH on a research paper

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 37 Replies
What kind of punishment should a convicted rapest face?
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Inga on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM

That's kinda a broad, open question.  Child rapest?  Multi-offense?  Previous arrest for non-sexual crimes?  Adult or adolescent?  There are a lot of variables.  Sorry, not trying to be difficult, it's just that I have done many college level papers.

cjsmom1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I agree with the pp. I need more information to answer. I think people who rape children deserve death. However, this would exclude people with intellectual disabilities and people who were raped as children themselves. The latter group would need extensive therapy.

An adult who repeated rapes people deserves death too. I know it sounds harsh, but rape destroys people.
jessica1078
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Id say prison time without the protective custody cushion. General population. Every rapist, child abuser, molester, child murderer is put into Protective Custody for their safety. 5 years with time added for additional charges in a max security facility in general population. and lifetime monitoring with formal parole.
Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM
He said the point was to be broad.

Quoting anotherandree:

That's kinda a broad, open question.  Child rapest?  Multi-offense?  Previous arrest for non-sexual crimes?  Adult or adolescent?  There are a lot of variables.  Sorry, not trying to be difficult, it's just that I have done many college level papers.

Linus77
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:09 AM

It also depends on what his thesis is and his point of view.  Is the question asked something that is to be interjected into the paper as an opinion, or it is a legal statement of fact?  Unless he is gathering a general consensus of opinions for his paper, then that's different.

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I would love to say the death penalty but Has he researched the statistics of those falsely accused before determining the punishment for all.

There are lots of factors do you include the 19 year old boyfriend who gets in trouble for having a 17 year old girlfriend. Statutory rape its so many issues

Stuff like that now as for a proven convicted child molester I say kill the nasty bastard.
Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:44 AM
From what I gather he is doing it on people's difference of opinion on the answer to the question (I hope that makes sense)

Quoting Linus77:

It also depends on what his thesis is and his point of view.  Is the question asked something that is to be interjected into the paper as an opinion, or it is a legal statement of fact?  Unless he is gathering a general consensus of opinions for his paper, then that's different.

taniamorse85
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Depends on the full circumstances of the crime. I'd need much more info to provide an answer. I have a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, and this is just what runs through my head when faced with such a question.
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:53 AM
2 moms liked this

chemical castration, put in a cell with his own kind that played for the other team to see how he likes it!

EireLass
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Throw 'em to the wolves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)