Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lesson Learned...

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • 49 Replies
Last night my husband had to go get something out of the car for me to wash. The night before he had a dream about a snake biting him, so he decided to look around on the porch and steps just to be safe. Good thing he did. There was a copper head on our bottom step curled up. He didn't want to get his gun because it is a shotgun and would have done major damage to the step and skirting by it. So he got the next best thing he could find... A paintball gun....He shot it several times lol. Only thing it did was kind of daze the snake. I text my mom and told her and she came over with a shovel and my sil came over with a broom. Yeah not sure what she planning on doing with the broom lol.
My mom grabbed our machete that was by the porch and killed it.
Lesson learned here is, check the porch and steps before going outside and paintball guns do nothing on snakes lol.
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Thursday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Yikes!
Glad that is gone.
Definitley check beofrehand now ;)

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:36 PM

im so glad he checked!

powow65
by kimmy on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Lol@ the paint ball gun!

They hurt if its close to the person's body or face. (idiot brother found that out the hard when cousin shook his paint ball gun & one popped right on my brothers face the upper lip & swelled up, he was fine.)

Thank gosh your DH wasn't hurt nor no one else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Whoa! Lol paint ball gun and a broom :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EbonySnow
by Desiree on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I hate snakes. glad your dh wasn't bit

mamivon2
by Sandra on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM

lol at the broom part

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
No kidding.

Quoting hugss:

Yikes!
Glad that is gone.
Definitley check beofrehand now ;)

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Me too.

Quoting lyrick24:

im so glad he checked!

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Lol I used to play paintball before I had kids. After we got done playing a game one time, a guy came up behind a friend and me and shot us each in each of our butt cheeks... He was about 5 feet away..
I am so happy no one was hurt by the snake either. We have to put some stuff by the porch. That is the second copper head on our porch.

Quoting powow65:

Lol@ the paint ball gun!

They hurt if its close to the person's body or face. (idiot brother found that out the hard when cousin shook his paint ball gun & one popped right on my brothers face the upper lip & swelled up, he was fine.)

Thank gosh your DH wasn't hurt nor no one else.
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I can kind of understand the paintball gun, not sure about the broom lol. She did sweeo the ground on the way back to my parent's house to make sure no snakes were in front of her lol.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Whoa! Lol paint ball gun and a broom :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)