Group Home

Smarter Style: Kids Fall Trends I’m Digging

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 49 Replies

I admit it: I'm a fall clothes-aholic. Not that I have a ton of clothes, mind you, I just love fall clothes over the clothes of other seasons. Forget shorts, I'll leave tank tops - give me cozy cardigans, snazzy boots, delicious coats. So, right about now, I'm spending a crazy amount of wasted time browsing (er drooling) over the fall fashions everyone is showing. And I'm not just eyeing duds for me...oh no, I'm an equal opportunity shopper. In fact, I definely buy more new clothes for Kiddo than I do for myself and there are soooooo many adorable fall trends I'm digging for the pint-sized set. Some are totally classic, while others are just fun. What's on my radar?

Yes, mustaches are everywhere. They are very "hip" these days (ergo the picture for this post). I have a good friend whose little two-year-old is insanely into them. Not sure I could pull off a mustache dress like this one at Wal-Mart, but on a toddler, it's pretty dang cute.

As the mom of a cat-obsessed kiddo who loves everything leopard-print, I'm thrilled the animal print trend is sticking around. This dress from Gymboree has enough of the feline-inspiration without being in total cat costume.

Plaids have never really gone out of style, but it seems they have popped back to the front of the fashion line these days. I've spotted a few cute shirts for Kiddo in plaid (like this sparkly plaid frock from Kmart) and saw the one pictured above at Old Navy for the boys we know. The contrasting sleeves and pocket give it a little bit of plaid panache!

With the new prince capturing everyone's attention this summer, it's no wonder there is resurgence in all things British. Snag this very cool Brit-flag-styled tee from Zara for your prince (or match it with rocking red leggings for a very hip look for that princess).

The motorcycle jacket look is huge for us big kids this year in outerwear, and, yup, it has trickled down to the racks in the kids department. PS Aeropostale did it just right - keeping it basic in grey fleece but adding a touch of bling on the collar, Kiddo will be totally styling on the walk to school when it gets chilly outside

Share the styles your kids are into (and that you like too)! What have you seen in the kids section that made you think, "I wish they made that in my size?!"

©iStockphoto.com/ Vaara

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:03 AM

My dd is into leopard print as well .  We found dark purple with black leopard print leggings for her to wear with any top.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Love the little plaid top. My son is very into neon colors right now.
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM

my girls love skirts and leggings

wandep
by Pam on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I saw that dress the other week and it is cute..the one with the mustache. I didn't buy it because dd isn't into them. I did get her a few of the other dresses they had like that and they are only $6.00 or so.

mackiebugsmom
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Dd would love that dress
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I love the boys plaid button up =)

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:08 AM

My dd would love it too!

Quoting mackiebugsmom:

Dd would love that dress

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I don't get the whole mustache thing. Plaids are nice for boys. I like that.

myownparadise
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Cute dress! My wallet is hot pink, has the mustache on it, and says "stache your cash"! It is still too hot to think about fall clothes!
fraujones
by Amanda on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM

My daughter loves leopard print. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80