Group Home

Smarter Celebrations: Planning for Fall Fun

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 28 Replies

Jumping in piles of leaves. Picking apples. Heading to see your neighbor's son play QB for the high school football team. Yup, all of these fun fall festivities are coming up. Have you listed yours out? Take a gander at that calendar -- the master family one, the school one, perhaps the football schedule of the family's favorite team. We talked about being ready for fall's school time stuff, but are you ready for the fall fun?

-- Locate that team spirit gear. Are you a huge Pittsburgh Steelers family? Do the kids - including your two-year-old -- know all of the words to the Michigan Wolverine fight song? Be sure you have those team jerseys still fit from last season and post up the schedule on the fridge so all of the super fans know the scoop.

-- Get your craft on. It's the season for crafting! With a bunch of fun celebrations crammed into a few weeks and getting prepared for the holiday season, you've got plenty of fabulous fun decorate for, so start to surf about on your favorite craft sites or, yes, the ever-inspiring Pinterest, and scout out what you are jonsing to make this fall.

-- Stock up on goodies (or goodie-making ingredients). Break out those favorite fall recipes (pumpkin bread, apple cider, cheesy acorn squash, harvest salad) and make sure your pantry is ready to help create those seasonal yummies.

-- Weather-proof your car and wardrobe. Do you remember where that de-icer is? How about that portable outside blanket you can use on hard stadium bunches or the ground? Gather up all of the stuff you may need for outside fall fun. Also, chunk an extra scarf and maybe a not-so-used hoodie or two into the trunk for those "I'm cold, Mom!" moments.

What fall fun do you have in the coming months? Do you love fall like I do?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Dejan Ristovski

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Oh its football time , picture time and of course holiday time !  We dont just like fall we love it !

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I LOVE FALL...I'm looking forward to the jumping in the leaves part...We now live on 200 acres so we should get a nice pile..I'm looking forward to all the baking and I'm doing Waldorf  with my kids..It's very nature based...( it's a type of curriculum) I'm looking forward to dh putting in the woodstove in our house and hearing the crackle...The crispness in the air...The crabapples and pumpkins ripening

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Nooo... Bring back summer! I am not ready to give it up yet!

We do love fall activities, though. Picking apples, going to the pumpkin patch, fall hikes to see the changing leaves, all the fairs... Yeah, there are some good things to look forward to!

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:19 AM

cooler weather, pumpkin patch.

Mznaye
by Jo on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I enjoy the cooler weather!
CocoaKisses70
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I love fall,I can start pulling out my sweaters soon. 

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I found some neat projects to do with DS this year on pinterest I cant wait to do!
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:08 PM

We love playing in the leaves. I take the kids out and make piles of leaves for them to jump in and throw up in the air and take pictures of them.

We can't wait for the pumpkin pies!

fraujones
by Amanda on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM

We'll go apple picking. Fall is wonderful! 

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I love the cooler weather, and going to sdee the leaves changing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie