Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy security fence! Added photos page 2

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM
  • 30 Replies

So they installed this new fence at the school yesterday before the first day today. I totally under the security factor even though we are in a small town in Nh and just pre-k-4th grade. I am not upset its there at all. But talk about foreboding and kinda scary looking! Just needs the barb wire at top and maybe a gunman on the corner and hello prison :)

It used to be just the wasit high black fence straight down to the walkway in the portable buildings. They took most of the black fence down and put up this cage. You can see the old fence a little on the left side of the photo. And the new fence is permanent, it kinda looks like a fence you put up during construction but theĀ  cemented it in and I asked the principle since the door inside there is where my son used to enter the building to avoid the crowds.

Added photos to page 2 for those who thought the school looked odd.

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SammiBaby
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM

That's an odd looking school. But I don't blame them for the security fence things have gotten so crazy lately. Although it does seem a bit overkill. You're right though, barbed wire and a gunmen and it'd look like a prison lol.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Oh wow. That is good they are trying to make it more secure, but it does look like a fence you would put around a construction area.
lasombrs
by Sara on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM

That is just where the fence is. It wraps around those three outside classrooms and the right hand side of the building and the pre-k play ground. The left hand side of the building is solid brick all the way around with only the front office as an enterance. the main office is just to the left there and this angle is a few feet to the left of the other photo i posted

Quoting SammiBaby:

That's an odd looking school. But I don't blame them for the security fence things have gotten so crazy lately. Although it does seem a bit overkill. You're right though, barbed wire and a gunmen and it'd look like a prison lol.

jakesmom323
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:21 PM
This school is weird looking. .....Two trailers. ..??
mamivon2
by Sandra on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:27 PM

is this to keep the kids in or strangers out?

lasombrs
by Sara on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM
That is just where the fence was put up between te main building those trailers and the play ground behind it. The rest of te school is solid brick withbonkythe main office doors nothing to fence there. I will need to find a pic of the building for everyone

Quoting jakesmom323:

lasombrs
by Sara on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Both. The 4 4th grade classes in those trailers used to have to go around the building to the front door and get buzzed in to use the bathroom, goto lunch, the nurse etc because the other door to the main building was always locked. There is also a play ground that is no longer public access back there. Now the school side door is unlocked and the kids don't have to walk more then a few feet in the snow and rain to get inside.

Quoting mamivon2:

is this to keep the kids in or strangers out?

jakesmom323
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Its looks so intimidating with a fence like that wrapped around. Why such extremes? Sandy Hook? Bad area? Previous situations at the school. Just looks scary

Quoting lasombrs:

That is just where the fence was put up between te main building those trailers and the play ground behind it. The rest of te school is solid brick withbonkythe main office doors nothing to fence there. I will need to find a pic of the building for everyone

Quoting jakesmom323:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:10 PM

That is a high fence!

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:31 PM

We have those types of fences at the last elementary schools that I worked at, I worked at 2 schools.  Those fences surrounded the playgrounds and the perimeter of the school.  I always joked to the students that once the front gate was closed, they couldn't escape.  lol  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN