Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bath time question!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 23 Replies

Not sure why I thought of this but it just popped in my head. When running water for a bath do you wait until it is full to get in (or your kids) or do you (or your kids) get in while the water is running?

I always put the kids in the tub while the water is running and then keep an eye on it to make sure it isn't too hot or cold. Same for myself.. I like to run the water until it is partway full and then get in while water is still running.

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I run it as I get in usually.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I let it feel up first and so do my girls.

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

put them in when water is still running but then cut it off after it gets enough in there and let them play. i like to get in when the water is running also.

lasombrs
by Sara on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

fill first. DS has autism and freaks the hell out at the noise of the running water or if it splashes on him. He will darn near break his neck running to jump out of the tub if you try to but the water on while he is in it :/ he also perfers almost cold water so I fill it for dd, let her take her bath, then put him in the tub and attempt a bath as best as i can manage.  Which is usually only get a few body parts cleaned each time (i do rotate which ones lol) before he over powers me and gets out

Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM

My son also has autism but is the complete opposite. Loves water so much that he wants it running the entire time and he wants it hot.. But he doesn't like showers, he wants to be in the tub... Has to take a bath every night or he gets upset.  He will stay in the tub for a long time. He's a good swimmer too and starts aquatic therapy in a week. Funny how different every kid on the spectrum is! 

Quoting lasombrs:

fill first. DS has autism and freaks the hell out at the noise of the running water or if it splashes on him. He will darn near break his neck running to jump out of the tub if you try to but the water on while he is in it :/ he also perfers almost cold water so I fill it for dd, let her take her bath, then put him in the tub and attempt a bath as best as i can manage.  Which is usually only get a few body parts cleaned each time (i do rotate which ones lol) before he over powers me and gets out

Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM

That's exactly how we do it too

Quoting lyrick24:

put them in when water is still running but then cut it off after it gets enough in there and let them play. i like to get in when the water is running also.

lasombrs
by Sara on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM

i have tried swimming lessons and he crawls up my body and wraps around my head and does his best to keep every inch of himself out of the water :/ beyond annoying and we live near so many rivers and lakes and beaches I really want him to learn.  God help you if you turn the "fire hose" (shower) on him for some reason or by accident. Its like you are slicing him to pieces with a million tiny razors the way he reacts.

They really are all so different!!

Quoting Charizma77:

My son also has autism but is the complete opposite. Loves water so much that he wants it running the entire time and he wants it hot.. But he doesn't like showers, he wants to be in the tub... Has to take a bath every night or he gets upset.  He will stay in the tub for a long time. He's a good swimmer too and starts aquatic therapy in a week. Funny how different every kid on the spectrum is! 

Quoting lasombrs:

EbonySnow
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

leave it running

proudmommy690
by Christa on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
The only time i bathe is when i shave, which is after i take a shower lol...so i run the water while sitting in it.

The 4yr old and 19 month old get in while its running

The 6 yr old showers
Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Poor guy..must be so frightening for him! Does he get OT? Wonder if its sensory related?

Quoting lasombrs:

i have tried swimming lessons and he crawls up my body and wraps around my head and does his best to keep every inch of himself out of the water :/ beyond annoying and we live near so many rivers and lakes and beaches I really want him to learn.  God help you if you turn the "fire hose" (shower) on him for some reason or by accident. Its like you are slicing him to pieces with a million tiny razors the way he reacts.

They really are all so different!!

Quoting Charizma77:

Quoting lasombrs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)