Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WINNER ANNOUNCED: How do you get your kids' back to school gear on a budget?

Posted by   + Show Post

Congrats to 'StevensMomma' on winning the BTS Gear Sweepstakes. 

Welcome to the Smarter Living group, where you can enter for a chance to win a $50 Kmart Gift Card in the BTS Gear Sweepstakes. 

How do I enter the sweeps? 
To create a qualifying post, simply write a new post, reply to a post, upload a photo, or comment on a photo in the Smarter Living Group. All you have to do to enter is join the Smarter Living group and create a qualifying post during the sweepstakes period.  

What's a qualifying post? 
To create a qualifying post, simply write a new post, reply to a post, upload a photo, or comment on a photo in the Smarter Living Group.

How often can I enter? 
You'll get one entry for each day you create a qualifying post, so enter often!

* No Purchase Necessary. Starts September 3, 2013 and ends September 30, 2013. Open to U.S. residents who are at least 18 years old and members of CafeMom. Void where prohibited.  Click here for Official Rules

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Replies (141-149):
sonnyswoman75
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM
I shop for clothes at Goodwill
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMCDOWELL
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I START IN  SHOPPING IN JULY IF I CAN. UNDERSHIRTS,SOCKS, SHIRTS IF POSSIBLE.  SAVING COUPONS SEARCHING DEALS ONLINE. IT DEPENDS IF MY CHILD IS WEARING MAINLY UNIFORM OR REGULAR CLOTHES. REGULAR CLOTHES I START EARLY AS POSSIBLE UNIFORMS I SEARCH FOR STORE COUPONS AND SALE DATES.

Proudmommy6809
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:02 PM

LAYAWAY AHEAD OF TIME.

Proudmommy6809
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:04 PM

SHOP DURNING THE SUMMER, BEFORE TIME FOR SCHOOL.

Proudmommy6809
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:52 PM

BUYING STUFF AT YARD SALES THROUGH THE SUMMER.

Proudmommy6809
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I BUY CLOTHES THE YEAR BEFORE AT STORES WHEN THEY HAVE MARK DOWN SALES. I JUST BUY BIGGER SIZES. 

jenneyw
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I went to target and used their Cartwheel app for mobile phones to save an additional $12 on top of the sale prices. Love this app!!

AiLi
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM

When it comes to buying  my children clothing on a budget, I buy out of season or at the very end of the season. I always buy about a size or two bigger depending on the clothing so when the season comes around next year they have their clothing.  Winter coats however I tend to buy that year along with some outfit sets.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Was there a winner on this one?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN