Group Home

My mom is in the hospital NEW UPDATE 9/3

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM
  • 141 Replies
1 mom liked this

I need some good thoughts, prayers, naked dances, anything. I spent all day at the hospital. My mom went in to the clinic fpr just a med refill and they quickly found that her blood pressure is very very high. They immediately took her to the ER to try to get it down. When they couldn't they admitted her to ICU. They don't know at this time whether or not she had a minor heart attack. They are keeping her at least for tonight and probably all of tomorrow. I have held it together all day but I am really scared. 

ETA: I haven't heard anything new yet today but we're heading to the hospital in a little while, I'll update when I get home.

Update: We now know for sure that she did not have a heart attack, but they still have no idea what caused her blood pressure to spike or why it won't come down. They keep running tests and adding meds but its still very high. I thank you ladies so much for your thoughts and prayers and just for responding, it really helps.

NEW UPDATE 8.31 Well this morning she talked to a different DR than she did yesterday and now they are saying that she DID have a very minor heart attack. They say it was a stress heart attack. I don't know why they said yesterday that she didn't. Her blood pressure is still high but starting to come down a little. They are still going to keep her a couple more days to try to get it down more. She seems in a little better spirits today but really just wants to go home. Thank you again for all the support ladies, it means so much to me. I told her yesterday about all the prayers and good thoughts sent her way and really seemed to cheer her up.

Newest Update 9/3 SHE'S HOME :)

They have finally managed to get her blood pressure down to a safe place and found meds that don't make her so dizzy she can't stand up. She has a bunch of meds that they are going to monitor but they say she should fine now.

I want to thank each and everyone of you wonderful ladies for you comments and prayers, thoughts, whatever! It has meant so much, not just to me but to my mom and my family, just to know that people can be so caring.

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:13 AM

prayers coming you way!

adadmb6
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Prayers
deedee3849
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Prayers for your mama...

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Prayers for her and you luv.

powow65
by kimmy on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM
((big hugs & a kiss on the forehead))
I will pray hun!

Ps, no you might not want to see 200pound naked dancing. The cops might get called on me. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I'm saying a prayer for her right now. I hope the doctors will find an answer quickly to get her the help she needs.

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM

oh no :( good thoughts sent

she_walk_softly
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Prayers, It is scary when your Mom is sick :(

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM

thank you very much

Quoting lyrick24:

prayers coming you way!

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM

thank you

Quoting adadmb6:

Prayers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. letstalk747
  2. lizzig
  3. Jukebox_Jenny
  4. powow65
  5. alf2651
  6. Angela4boys