Group Home

Smarter Family: Sleepover movies perfect for staying up late

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 37 Replies

Kiddo had her first two sleepovers this past summer - both at her BFF's abode. Mattresses were askew all over the bedroom floor, so she and her bud and her bud's little siblings could all seep in the same room. Technically, it was a sleepover for me too -- her BFF's parents have become good friends of mine, so I bunked in the guest room, within earshot of Kiddo. A family sleepover, so to speak (perhaps not technically a full-out sleepover for Kiddo, but at six, it's fun to do it all together).

Of course, there were the usual makings of a sleepover: later bedtimes, more candy than usual, and yes, movie watching. What is a sleepover without popcorn and a movie? Our girls are majorly obsessed with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic TV show, and they watched the My Little Pony: Equestira Girls movie at least three times that night.

What may be called up on Netflix as they hit sleepovers number 3, 4 and 12? Sure, there are a gazillion choices from from Pixar and Disney (my faves: Monsters Inc, Wall-E and Brave), but there are a bunch of films -- some live-action, some animated -- that I totally forgot about until I started listing some fabulous flicks to watch, clad in pjs, with your best buds by your side:

My Neighbor Totoro

Kung Fu Panda

How to Train Your Dragon

A Monster in Paris (amazing animated film Kiddo is in love with)

The Princess Diaries

Akeelah and the Bee

Ella Enchanted

National Treasure (for some adventure and thrills)

School of Rock

Galaxy Quest

Bring It On

Star Wars

Nim's Island

Annie

E.T.

An American in Paris (great old school musical)

Haev your kids had sleepovers yet? What movies did they watch? Share YOUR favorite sleepover movies from when you were a kid! 

ŠiStockphoto.com/ CREATISTA                  

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM

How fun :)

Abbey3
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I love movies and I love sleepovers! I have always LOVED disney movies. My favorites were Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, and The Power Rangers movie. I was a cross between a girly girl and a tomboy :)

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:59 AM
How fun! My DD&her friends always have a full on movie night when she does sleepovers!
My DD watches scary movies or Twilight, The Vow.
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Ours were Grease and Grease 2..( I was a teenager, so we called it staying the weekend) Now that I'm on vacation at my sister's house..I'm "making" her watch Desperate Housewives...I think she's a closet housewife lover...lol...My kids like Suite Life,Xena,and more, but it's 11:33pm here right now...I'm tired..

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:14 AM

School of rock!

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:20 AM

fun!!

critter_boo
by Sarah on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Yes they have sleepovers. Dd watched Disney movies son played video games and one time watched back to the future
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM
My son has had one sleepover, and they watched one of the Ice Age movies.
wandep
by Pam on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:16 AM

We tried but dd wasn't ready yet. :(

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:51 AM

DS has not had a sleepover at a friend's yet, but he has with his grandmother. They usually end up playing boardgames and/or watching Sprout together until it's time for bed. 

I don't think we really did sleepover movies..not sure why. We usually just played Barbies or something until we were tired enough or told it was time to go to sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690