Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Shopping: Crock Pot Recipes to Make You Cluck for Joy

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 54 Replies
4 moms liked this

We were sitting by the neighborhood pool, a group of good mom friends and I, chatting about school days coming up, the routine, and our convo came around to making dinner. Some lamented about picky eaters (not just the kids, but husbands too), others revealed time woes of getting it all done after dance class and before homework hour. And then someone mentioned her crockpot. A collective wistful sigh came from every mom, nodding in agreement when one mom (and fellow writer), Sandy, said, "I truly believe the crockpot is the best kitchen invention ever."

She's right - and I often forget about how much it saves me time and money when I work a few crockpot dinners into the weekly schedule. She even shared her best and easiest recipe with us. I'm calling it Sandy's Chicken. Take 4-6 frozen chicken breasts, a can of green enchilada sauce and a can of red enchilada sauce and chunk them all in the crock pot. Cook it on low for six hours or so. So simple and so delicious. My main thing - I always forget to thaw the chicken, so luckily, all of these chicken recipes you really don't need to worry about that.   

Delectable Easy Teriyaki Chicken from Recipe4Living.com 

2-3 lb. of skinless chicken pieces
1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks
Dash of ground ginger
1 cup teriyaki sauce

Place chicken in the crockpot. Pour remaining ingredients on top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (4-5 hours if using boneless chicken).

Lazy Chicken from Food.com

4 -6 boneless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 ounces flour
1 jar sliced mushroom
salt and pepper
paprika

Rinse chicken breasts. Put salt, pepper and paprika on both sides. Place in crock pot. Mix other ingredients together. Add to crock pot. Cook on LOW all day. Serve over noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos from 365DaysofCrockpot.com

2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes (I used mild)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper
Desired Tortillas and toppings (cheese, cilantro, lettuce, lime, sour cream, guacamole etc.)

Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper (a couple pinches of each). Sprinkle with cumin and garlic powder. Top with Rotel tomatoes. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4-6 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker. Use 2 forks to shred it. Add chicken back into slow cooker and salt and pepper to taste.  Serve chicken mixture over tortillas with desired toppings.

Twenty-Garlic Chicken Dinner from BettyCrocker.com

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 to 3 1/2 lb cut-up frying chicken
1 large onion, sliced
1 medium bulb garlic (about 20 cloves) 

In small bowl, mix salt, paprika, pepper and oil to form paste; spread evenly over each piece of chicken. In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, place onion slices. Arrange chicken over onion. Separate garlic into cloves; do not peel cloves. Place garlic cloves around chicken. Cover; cook on low setting 7 to 8 hours. With slotted spoon, remove chicken, onion and garlic from slow cooker; place on serving platter.

Share your best crock pot chicken recipes -- I need them!!! 

ŠiStockphoto.com/ robynmac        

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM
I need to pull out the crockpot thanks for the recipes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Love my cp :)

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Check out crockpot365.blogspot.com
mom2jessnky
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:47 AM
4 moms liked this

Bacon BBQ Chicken.

a Pack of bacon, chicken tenderloins, bbq sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice. 

Wrap each tenderloin in a piece of bacon, arrange in the crock pot (2 layers is fine). Mix up a bottle of BBQ sauce (I use Stubbs because it's gluten free) with 1/4 cup brown sugar and a tbsp (ish) of lemon juice. Dump the sauce over the chicken, cook on low all day, serve with whatever tickles you (I usually do roasted potatoes and some veggie). It's amazing. The original recipe called for apples to be in there but they get mushy, that's gross so I omitted them.

Pot Roast

4# boneless beef roast of some sort (whatever is on sale), 1 cup of black coffee, 2 cups of chicken broth (or 2 cups water and 3 buillion cubes). Dump everything in the crock pot cook on low all day. You can use the 'juice' from the meat/coffee/broth to make an amazing gravy. You MUST use chicken broth, if you use beef broth and jack it up don't come crying to me. It should go without saying use normal coffee, nothing scented, that would be awful.

Priest Chicken

1# of chicken (boobs, tenderloins, something boneless), 1 can of cream of whatever soup (chicken, mushroom, celery, doesn't matter), 1 block of cream cheese, and 1 packet of italian dressing mix (the dust). Dump in the crock pot, cook on low all day, serve over mashed potatoes. 

Angie's Meatballs (I can't make these anymore since they aren't GF).

1 bag of meatballs (the bigger bag), 1 (16oz) thing of sour cream, 1 packet of brown gravy mix (don't make it, you use it in dust form), 2 cans of Cream of chicken soup. Mix up the gravy dust, soup, and sour cream (in the crock pot is totally fine) add in meatballs cook all day on low. Serve over egg noodles or rice. It's a mix (flavor wise) between swedish meatballs and beef stroganoff.

I have more, I use my crock pot ALL THE TIME.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Awesome! I'm doing the meatball one tonight ! I was already planning meatballs (I've made them ahead and they were in the freezer) but it still takes an hour for them to cook and I get home at 545. I wasn't site how I was going to get them done in time.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Bacon BBQ Chicken.

Wrap each tenderloin in a piece of bacon, arrange in the crock pot (2 layers is fine). Mix up a bottle of BBQ sauce (I use Stubbs because it's gluten free) with 1/4 cup brown sugar and a tbsp (ish) of lemon juice. Dump the sauce over the chicken, cook on low all day, serve with whatever tickles you (I usually do roasted potatoes and some veggie). It's amazing. The original recipe called for apples to be in there but they get mushy, that's gross so I omitted them.

Pot Roast

4# boneless beef roast of some sort (whatever is on sale), 1 cup of black coffee, 2 cups of chicken broth (or 2 cups water and 3 buillion cubes). Dump everything in the crock pot cook on low all day. You can use the 'juice' from the meat/coffee/broth to make an amazing gravy. You MUST use chicken broth, if you use beef broth and jack it up don't come crying to me. It should go without saying use normal coffee, nothing scented, that would be awful.

Priest Chicken

1# of chicken (boobs, tenderloins, something boneless), 1 can of cream of whatever soup (chicken, mushroom, celery, doesn't matter), 1 block of cream cheese, and 1 packet of italian dressing mix (the dust). Dump in the crock pot, cook on low all day, serve over mashed potatoes. 

1 bag of meatballs (the bigger bag), 1 (16oz) thing of sour cream, 1 packet of brown gravy mix (don't make it, you use it in dust form), 2 cans of Cream of chicken soup. Mix up the gravy dust, soup, and sour cream (in the crock pot is totally fine) add in meatballs cook all day on low. Serve over egg noodles or rice. It's a mix (flavor wise) between swedish meatballs and beef stroganoff.

wandep
by Pam on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Chicken Salsa....

Frozen or thawed chicken breast.

1 can of salsa.

1 can of green beans.

Cook on low for 6 - 8 hrs.

Enjoy!

Can make shredded chicken buritos the next day with the leftovers. :)

alliesmom112
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:28 AM

thanks for sharing. I am always looking for new chicken recipes

alliesmom112
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:28 AM

yummy tfs 

Quoting wandep:

Chicken Salsa....

1 can of salsa.

1 can of green beans.

Enjoy!

alliesmom112
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:29 AM

tfs

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Bacon BBQ Chicken.

Pot Roast

Priest Chicken

wandep
by Pam on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Thanks, got it from my weight leader so I can't take credit for it. Its very yummy and makes a lot of food!

Quoting alliesmom112:

yummy tfs 

Quoting wandep:

Chicken Salsa....

1 can of salsa.

1 can of green beans.

Enjoy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)