Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS is taking piano lessons

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM
  • 30 Replies

I am so excited that he is interested in music.   I can't play a lick of any type of instrument. Can you? Do you kids take lessons for anything musical?

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

We love music!  I sing and play a little piano and my DH and DS play guitar.  DS also plays bass, our teenage daughter plays drums and a little guitar and is learning the ukelele. Our 12 year old sings and is learning guitar and violin, our 11 year old is tone deaf but loves music and is learning to play the talking drum, and our ten year old has a beautiful voice and is learning to play the bells and the piano.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Dd is taking piano & loves it. I played piano, sax & violin.
pinkfairy0206
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:46 AM
My 7year old wants to learn piano as well!! We had alot of catching up to do with bills,but I'm going to start looking into it. My oldest daughter plays clarinet,i play clarinet and bass clarinet. I've always wanted to learn piano,flute,and violin.
pinkfairy0206
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I love singing but I have horrible stage fright

Quoting TigerofMu:

We love music!  I sing and play a little piano and my DH and DS play guitar.  DS also plays bass, our teenage daughter plays drums and a little guitar and is learning the ukelele. Our 12 year old sings and is learning guitar and violin, our 11 year old is tone deaf but loves music and is learning to play the talking drum, and our ten year old has a beautiful voice and is learning to play the bells and the piano.

3gr8tKids
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Violin and voice.

Piano is wonderful.. makes everything else so much easier plus if they stay with it, they can play the drums/percussion in band in 5th grade.

mamalynnsmith
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM

My husband plays the piano ,oldest son plays the sax and youngest son play guitar.i was never give the opportunity to learn an insturment wish i did

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

It is HARD to get up in front of people!

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

I love singing but I have horrible stage fright

Quoting TigerofMu:

candiedgala
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I played piano and violin and my husband played saxophone. Our DD is 2 but we want to teach her piano and maybe ocarina.

Ladyisis
by Jenn on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM

That is awesome. I don't play any musical instrument and neither does my daughter.

EbonySnow
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM

my town doesn't offer any for kids my dds age

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN