Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oy vey!

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 31 Replies

i swear my sanity may not make it to my son's adulthood!  he just turned 6 last month & he's already had so many "accidents".  i don't know if i'll be able to handle all those he has yet to do!

he almost lost the top of his middle finger (from just below the nail) getting it caught in a door, had to have it sewn back on & it ended up getting infected.  he had stitches in his leg from tripping on a bush stump & impaling his leg with a branch.  he had a bloody nose for a week straight (not dripping but pouring with big clots) from getting hit with a tennis ball.  he got bit on his lip by a horse fly & it swelled up like a cartoon characters.  he played to close to a fire ant hill & got bites all over his legs, leaving pock scars all on his little legs.  & then there is his latest accident!

he went to bed perfectly fine last tuesday.  when he woke up wednesday morning he had burst a bloos vessel in his eye.  the whole bottom of his eye ball was red with blood.  not sure how the heck he managed to do that in his sleep, even puzzled his eye dr!

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KW1280
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Girl I can honestly say I know what you mean.
I didn't think my daughter would make it to her senior year. We called her calamity Jane because she had more self inflicted injuries Than any child I knew
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

eeks time to order him a bubble or bubble wrap.  I am presuming the doctors have ruled out any physical ailments to cause so many accidents.

countrygirlkat
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Sounds like my brother.  He always had some sort of injury.  My three boys have had their share of injuries I guess but they seem to take turns. 

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM

lol!  after he got the stitches out of his finger & got the ones in his leg a couple days after i threatened to buy him a bubble ball to roll around in. ;o)

well like me he's allergic to insect/bug bites/stings which is why he had such a sever reaction to the horse fly bite & scars from the ants. 

when he got the bloody nose we found out he had very thin membranes in his nose & will be prone to nosebleeds.  if the ball hadn't have hit his nose the bloody noses would have started eventually anyways.

both bouts of stitches was simple a matter of him being 4 & not paying attention.

the eye thing is the baffling one.  the eye dr said you can do such by sneezing/coughing/laughing to hard but he wasn't doing any of those in his sleep.  he also didn't hit his eye anyway in his sleep; didn't roll out of bed, nothing in the bed other than his pillow to hit his eye on, he's not a fitful sleeper, etc.

Quoting frndlyfn:

eeks time to order him a bubble or bubble wrap.  I am presuming the doctors have ruled out any physical ailments to cause so many accidents.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM

i was a bit of a "tomboy" & often came home with scraped knees & elbows when i was in elementary school.  when i was in 5th grade i was at the er every weekend for a month; food poisoing, multiple bee stings (allergic), broken toe, bike accident (think i got hit by a car but no witnesses & i don't recall).  so i guess he gets it from me! ;o)

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Sounds like my brother.  He always had some sort of injury.  My three boys have had their share of injuries I guess but they seem to take turns. 

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I have an eye injury where ther is a permanent blood spot now.  No eye doctor can figure it out how i could get that in one eye.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:33 PM

oh!  hope that doesn't happen with my son.  the eye dr said it would take a while for his eye to clear up because it is big.  it's starting to get a bit better already though.  i can look at it without shuttering.  i'm not a squeamish person, though it wasn' pleasant to look at i didn't get squeamish when he almost lost his finger tip, but i don't like eye things.  i can't even do contacts!

Quoting frndlyfn:

I have an eye injury where ther is a permanent blood spot now.  No eye doctor can figure it out how i could get that in one eye.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Oh man! He is quite accident prone.
Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Oh my !!! Sounds like he's a little boy for sure !!! But maybe try something to help his coordination like karate maybe he needs help in that area ??? Idk but that's a lot of accidents that I would try to be finding answers to. Gdlk !!

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM

WOW..I'd be a wreck...I've never had a boy..My girls had their run ins tho...HUGS HUGS HUGS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN