Besides when you were in labor......

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 59 Replies

Have you ever been in a deliver room? I haven't , but have always wanted to! I want to be a doula, I think it be amazing!

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM
No I haven't and I'm okay with that. I have all boys so I will probably never be in another delivery room.
mackiebugsmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I was there both times my best friends gave birth. It was amazing :)
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chirinos
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I was in the delivery room with my best friend when she gave birth to her first. I was also 6months pregnant at the time so I freaked out thinking this is going to be me in 3 months.
bether89
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I have not.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Okay twice I left the room to get something or use the bathroom and I came back into the room when the baby had just been born. 

One of those times I actually saw the doctor put the baby on the baby weigh thing right after she was born.

The second one...I walked in as they cut the cord. 

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG I couldnt imagine. You are brave for doing it.

Quoting Chirinos:

I was in the delivery room with my best friend when she gave birth to her first. I was also 6months pregnant at the time so I freaked out thinking this is going to be me in 3 months.

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM

You never know...I almost allowed my MIL to come in, but I ended up having a c-section.

Quoting DACIA79:

No I haven't and I'm okay with that. I have all boys so I will probably never be in another delivery room.

CafeMom Tickers
JustahGyrl
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I have a few times and loved it. I will say that the best part of my labor was my doula though. She saved my son's life. I gave her more than her contract called for and I still think it wasn't enough. She is my guardian angel. I think doula's are amazing and worth every penny. I plan to pay for all my girls to have a doula each birth (that includes my son's wives as well).

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I was in the room with my sister when she got her epidural and would have been there for the delivery but she was rushed into a c-section.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: