Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you shop for Christmas/holiday gifts?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 60 Replies

Yesterday, GMA was discussing the newest Kmart commercial for layaway. Some shoppers are upset because they are already pushing Christmas sales with their commercial.

I personally don't see anything wrong with it. I've already started my Christmas shopping and I know that if I want certain hot toys for my kids, it's important to get them now. Plus if you wait until closer to Christmas, you won't be able to take full advantage of layaway.

GMA says that you can get the best deals the weekend before Christmas. I'd prefer to be done by then, lol.

When do you start your Christmas/holiday shopping?

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deedee3849
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
My kids change their mind 100 times about what they want so unless I'm sure its something they really want, I wait to shop. But for those who layaway early....good for them. Whatever works for you!
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:46 AM

We have usually already started but we are running a little behind this year =)

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I started December 26th of last year.  I like to shop year round.  You can find the best dels that way.

mackiebugsmom
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:26 AM
A little bit throughout the year. I think it's fine that they advertise for Christmas already. That's the point of a layaway imo.
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I am looking for sales all the time and then I hide the stuff but I start shopping for sure by October.

JKuney
by Jessica on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I'm usually a late shopper but this year I'll probably be done before December. At least that's the hope anyways!! I usually know exactly what I want but it's always going to get it that's the issue! 

alliesmom112
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I start Christmas shopping as soon as Christmas stuff goes on sale the the year before. 

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:22 AM

i always start early because i cant get everything all at once but i also see things on sale so i get it then too

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I don't have a set time but I like to try and not wait until the last minute. People should realize, if there wasn't consumer demand, then retail businesses wouldn't be advertising so early, but obviously there is a demand.

Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

i start last minute when i have the money, and around october for clothes, but if i could start early i totally would

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)