Group Home

i need some girl friends!

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • 26 Replies
It is SO HARD for me to make friends. I'm awkward, shy, I don't "get it" if someone is fake to me until I actually get hurt by them. I hate drama, I hate being the pity friend (common in churchy circles because it's the Christian thing to do even if you don't really like somebody).

I'm loyal and honest and I am great at keeping secrets, I'm thoughtful and would inconvenience myself just to help someone out. But I won't put myself out there. I won't introduce myself or approach anyone.

We just moved and I am lonely. I had great friends back in our old town but it took 3 years of living there to get them, and then we had to leave.

Tell me I'm not alone!
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:24 PM

ninjaBelieve me you're not alone!

I lived with Dh in our old house for 3yrs-barely spoke to any of the neighbors-they didn't take too kindly to an outsider (me)

we just moved in June to the same town as my sister and it's kinda the same thing. Hard to make friends with ppl that are so cautious

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:28 PM

i think it's harder for most adults to make friends.  wouldn't it be nice if it was as easy for us as it is for most children to make friends?  i've lived in ga for 13 years now & have only a small fraction of the friends i had where i grew up.  i have lots of acquaintances but very few true friends.

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:28 PM

i used to be so outgoing and have alot of friends. since my health got sort of bad and my depression i dont socialize at all. my best friend from the past ask me out to lunch this week and i had to turn her down but she offered to bring coffee and breakfast over to my house and i may take her up on that.

kattcooper
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I love making friends and am extremely outgoing!!
Ill be your friend!! :D
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Do you live in north Denver area? ;)

Quoting kattcooper:

kattcooper
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Negative! I live in Alberta!

Lets try it again! We can be cyber friends!! :)

Quoting heydooney:

Do you live in north Denver area? ;)

Quoting kattcooper:

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Right? My 6yo is great at it. I keep hoping he'll make a good buddy and the mom will be cool and we'll be friends by default, lol.

But he's in online school so I can't even meet his friends' moms that way!

Quoting lizzig:

i think it's harder for most adults to make friends.  wouldn't it be nice if it was as easy for us as it is for most children to make friends?  i've lived in ga for 13 years now & have only a small fraction of the friends i had where i grew up.  i have lots of acquaintances but very few true friends.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM

aww!  i've made a few friends through my daughter but they aren't close.

Quoting heydooney:

Right? My 6yo is great at it. I keep hoping he'll make a good buddy and the mom will be cool and we'll be friends by default, lol.

But he's in online school so I can't even meet his friends' moms that way!

Quoting lizzig:

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:50 PM
It is really hard to find friends. Growing up I had many more male friends than female friends. Things change with moves, kids, work etc sadly our closest friends here are movibg this month
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I know how you feel, its tough when you move and your core friends are so far away.  My best friends live so far away and when I go to visit my parents we get together.  When I moved to live with my DH, it's been a struggle to find people who get you and you don't have to jump through hoops for.  Hugs! Hang in there! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie