Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter You: Happy Dancing for Fall TV Shows!

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 53 Replies

I have an addiction to TV. I remember being 10, getting the TV Guide in the mail, with the short, little blurbs describing each episode, and circling what I wanted to watch. Some of my favorite memories are of my mom and I snuggled on the couch, watching M*A*S*H, crying at a bittersweet ending and my dad handing us tissues.

Yup, I'm addicted to TV, and you can imagine the level on my giddiness scale that the new Fall Season of TV starts this week! A few years ago, all of the new shows and new seasons of old shows would start in the same week, but now they scatter them, some kicking off this week, while others not until October...but I digress. So, you may be wondering which shows exactly I'll happy dancing for as I set my DVR? Here's my rundown:

The Voice -- Okay, my mini-crush on Adam Levine aside, what's not to love about this competition reality show, with the blind auditions and the hilarious smack talk by the judges?

Parenthood -- I have been a Lauren Graham fan for YEARS (I still miss Gilmore Girls), and she's just one of many reasons I dig this show. Superb writing, excellent cast, it's one of the few shows both my husband and I love.

Scandal -- One of the other shows that we watch as a couple, Scandal has everything: twists, turns, and a rockin' wardrobe. I truly have started asking myself "What Would Olivia Pope do?" when stuck deciding something.

Revenge -- Such a guilty pleasure, it stars my latest TV character I want to know in real life: Nolan Ross, played by the fabu Gabriel Mann.

Shark Tank -- Watching Mr. Wonderful aka Kevin O'Leary and the rest of the sharks tear apart (or fight over) wannabe entrepreneurs is the perfect way to end a hectic week.

Survivor -- I've watched every single season since it first took to the airwaves back in 2000. Pure fun, period.

But there are a few new shows on my radar that I've circled in my mental TV Guide to look for, among them: Junior Masterchef, which is a spin-off of the regular Masterchef with uber-chefs Gordon Ramsey Joe Bastianich and Graham Elliot judging and mentoring mini-mes in the kitchen; Intelligence (a crime thriller starring LOST's Josh Holloway who has a computer chip implanted in his brain) and Believe (a little supernatural-y action-drama about a young girl with a special gift and the ex-con who had to protect her).  

PS Look what I found: a list of the Fall TV schedule from TVGuide. com!

What about you? What are your favorite TV shows? What can't you wait to start up again? 

¬©iStockphoto.com/ Palto 

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Love Parenthood & can't wait for it to come back!
Looking forward to Glee, Good Wife & several more :)

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I am not watching any of the ones that article listed.  I am ready for the new sitcoms and old ones coming back ...... Bones starts tomorrow so YAY.

Vertical15
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

We don't have cable.  We use Netflix which I like because I can watch a whole season of something at one time!

wandep
by Pam on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Big Bang Theory!!!

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Mad Men
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM

None really.I love to watch 80's reruns

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I cannot wait for Parenthood! It's been too long! ALso Scandal! Love it! & of Course Grey's Anatomy, my favorite!

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Glad you said that, did not know! One of our favs.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I am not watching any of the ones that article listed.  I am ready for the new sitcoms and old ones coming back ...... Bones starts tomorrow so YAY.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:13 AM

NCIS, Criminal Minds

SweetLuci
by Luci on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I'm looking forward to The Good Wife, Longmire and Dancing With The Stars.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)