Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My September baby is here!

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 35 Replies
2 moms liked this

12:50 a.m. 9/12/13 I woke to a small amniotic leak. Labor hadn't started and I had no pain or contractions so I went back to bed to get some sleep.

2:00 a.m. I woke feeling terrible pain in my back. I've had back labor but this was unlike anything I'd ever had so I woke Thomas and told him we needed to get ready to go in.

2:30 a.m. I was admitted to the hospital.  My doctor was called immediately as I was dilated to 4 and I've been known to deliver pretty fast.

At this point things started getting really intense with my back and hips. I've had 5 previous natural births but this was unlike anything I'd ever experienced.  I could feel her moving her head and it hurt more than it should have.

I was told baby had OT presentation (Occiput Transverse) which was causing all of my pain. We were trying to get her to move into a better position but she was completely stubborn.

WOOSH-out rushed the rest of my water and Miss Arie was born at 4:55 a.m with her head still in a transverse position--worst pain of my life! 

We got through the birth and I started hemorrhaging. I soaked through 5 very large cloth post partum pads within the first hour and just about passed out. I basically was told my bladder HAD to be emptied (it had been pushed over and out of place due to her position) and when I stood up to go try the nurse had to catch me or I'd have hit the floor.

Then my back started spasming and I was crying and in pain from that and also the bleeding still going on. I was a total MESS. My heart rate went up to 135bpm and my blood pressure dropped to 104/60. It was pretty scary there for a bit

They started me on medication to stop the hemorrhage and after several doses we finally got it stopped and I started being able to get some much needed sleep.

Everything is perfectly fine with Ms. Arie though and she's a perfect baby! She's SO mellow and just completely chill!  

Arie Haven 7lbs 11.6oz
21 3/4" long
9/12/13 at 4:55 a.m.

Mama to six beautiful girls- Piper(12), Paris(10), Prue(8), Priya(5)&Kahlan(3), Arie (1 day old!) and two angel babies that were too precious for earth, Angel('09) and Evenstar('12)

A Simply Enchanted Life

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

congratulations

SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM

ty :)

Quoting aneela:

congratulations

Mama to six beautiful girls- Piper(12), Paris(10), Prue(8), Priya(5)&Kahlan(3), Arie (1 day old!) and two angel babies that were too precious for earth, Angel('09) and Evenstar('12)

A Simply Enchanted Life

KW1280
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Beautiful Baby!!!!
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM

sorry about the pain and bleeding...hope you recover well and quickly

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:53 PM

she is so cute

Mamaof2010
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Congrats
SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Thanks, mamas!She makes being a new mommy again so easy. She's such an easy baby so far!

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

its a girl

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM
What a sweet heart! I'm glad all was well again quickly.
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Sep. 16, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww...CONGRATULATIONS...I'm also a momma to 6 daughter's...It's nice to FINALLY meet someone else who also has 6 girls...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN