Group Home

Ding dong..the bell did ring....

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM
  • 34 Replies

and the the little neighbor boys asked if my kids could come out and play. I said "no not unless they are finished with their homework".  Okay they said and off the went.  

30 minutes later ---ding dong...........can they come out and play. 

me: No I am sorry they aren't quite done yet. 

them: Can they just do it tomorrow and play anway?

me: No, they have to finish first then play.  

me:  That is the rule at our house. 

them:  Oh we can play and do homework later.  

Giving me a look like I am the meanest Mom on the block.  LOL.

Oh well, my kids are doing great in school. So I am doing  something right.

I told them to try back tomorrow.  

Now is is after 5 and we still have supper, bath and bed. These neighbor kids tend to stay up late. I guess they do their homework after supper or something.  In any case it was funny.

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommieCotter42
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I have the same problem with my neighbor kid. He rings the Bell all afternoon. My daughter is in 1st he is in 4th I don't think my kid had me homework then a 4th grader.
Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I hear ya.  My son's best friend walks home with him every day from the bus stop.  He asks me every day can my son come out. I say every day when he asks, if and when he is finished with his homework. They are both in 7th grade.  They have a good deal of homework.  

Quoting MommieCotter42:

I have the same problem with my neighbor kid. He rings the Bell all afternoon. My daughter is in 1st he is in 4th I don't think my kid had me homework then a 4th grader.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol.My kids do their homework first thank-goodness

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel ya.  There is no time for my kids to go out since there is dinner, homework, bath, bed, and family time somewhere in there.  I would have said no too!

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM

School today is so different than when I was in school. Dh works long hours or we would split the homework stuff.  On days he is here to help it goes smoother because we can divide and conquer. LOL

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

I feel ya.  There is no time for my kids to go out since there is dinner, homework, bath, bed, and family time somewhere in there.  I would have said no too!

Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

We have the same rule here.

skyes_mama
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:43 PM
We have a flag rule. If our flag is out them my kids can play. If it isn't out. Do not ring my bell! We are also early eaters and bed times. We eat dinner at 5:45, showers, books, bed by 8.
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I get it.  And fact is if I don't work on my dd's homework right away it's a bigger battle.  No need for that!!!

Quoting Thelmama:

School today is so different than when I was in school. Dh works long hours or we would split the homework stuff.  On days he is here to help it goes smoother because we can divide and conquer. LOL

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM

That is so cool. I have never thought of that.  I may just have to employ this. Now to just teach all the little neighborhood kids what it means. LOL My youngest is in bed by 7:30, middle by 8 and oldest by 9. But we are early risers due to bus schedules. This is necessary for survival. LOL

Quoting skyes_mama:

We have a flag rule. If our flag is out them my kids can play. If it isn't out. Do not ring my bell! We are also early eaters and bed times. We eat dinner at 5:45, showers, books, bed by 8.

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Exactly, if you delay it takes  hours.  No thanks. LOL

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

I get it.  And fact is if I don't work on my dd's homework right away it's a bigger battle.  No need for that!!!

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.