Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is on your Fall Cleaning list?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am going to get a jump start on my Fall cleaning tomorrow by doing some deep cleaning. 

I will start in the kitchen, and re-organize the pantry and cabinets, clean the stove, fridge etc. Scrub the horrid tile in our rental and the base boards and window sills.  I am also going to deep clean the living room and master bath and bedroom.  Tomorrow I will do the kids rooms. I put them off for last because I need to go through their clothing, toys and the like.  

Then I will move on to the family room later in the week. I plan to get my clean on.  

I need to do around the front door as I saw some spider webs outside today.  I can take them down and they are back within a day or two. UGH.  

Then I also plan to work on the porch and deck and under the down stairs awning where the outside toys live.  So much to do. 

Some of the outside toys need to be stored away since they are summer toys, sprinklers and the like.

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:43 AM

so im not alone !!

Quoting celestegood:

This is exactly how I feel.

Quoting bwsmommy:

I dont know where to start .. i have that much/many things to get done :(..

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM

See i start ... and then i stop .. but its just because i cant do more than one thing at a time .. I hope you feel better soon !

Quoting Teeshann:

i started reorganizing my kitchen a couple days ago. but i've been sick so it's been a slow process. clean a little and go lay down. lol.

i'd need to go through a bunch of boxes downstairs and see what can get rid of. our basement is finally done and i can get to things easily now so i can sort through stuff that's been in boxes for years.

squeekers
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:47 AM

gee, can you come over to my apartment & help me clean? you are so much more organized than I am.

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I love weeding out stuff.  I think it is because my Mom used to save and still saves EVERYTHING.  It drives me nuts to save stuff I don't need. LOL. I love it when I get rid of sfuff. LOL

Quoting Leelee1008:

What isnt? lol.

I need to clean the bed room.. I am going to clean it very good. Get rid of stuff we dont want/use/wear anymore. Organize everything.
I will then move on to the living room I have a toy pile that is screaming CLEAN ME OUT! then the toy bins.

The kitchen is after that, We were given a box full of really good dishes. its a farberwear dish set, A full set of everything. So were going to clean out the cabinets, toss some of our old chipped cracked dishes, and move the more decent stuff up to the top. and then put the new stuff in its place. I also need to clean out and organize under my counter.. that is where all our pots and pans are and it looks like a tornado whipped through it. food cabinets are next. Then deep clean the floors and walls. 
I will move through the rest of the house. 

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Trust me I am not always this organized. LOL.  I have to work hard at it because it does not come naturally to me.

Quoting squeekers:

gee, can you come over to my apartment & help me clean? you are so much more organized than I am.

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Thanks, today is an AWESOME day. I feel so good today.  

Quoting bwsmommy:

See i start ... and then i stop .. but its just because i cant do more than one thing at a time .. I hope you feel better soon !

Quoting Teeshann:

i started reorganizing my kitchen a couple days ago. but i've been sick so it's been a slow process. clean a little and go lay down. lol.

i'd need to go through a bunch of boxes downstairs and see what can get rid of. our basement is finally done and i can get to things easily now so i can sort through stuff that's been in boxes for years.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I have a slight hard time getting rid of stuff but I force myself to do it.

Quoting Thelmama:

I love weeding out stuff.  I think it is because my Mom used to save and still saves EVERYTHING.  It drives me nuts to save stuff I don't need. LOL. I love it when I get rid of sfuff. LOL

Quoting Leelee1008:

What isnt? lol.

I need to clean the bed room.. I am going to clean it very good. Get rid of stuff we dont want/use/wear anymore. Organize everything.
I will then move on to the living room I have a toy pile that is screaming CLEAN ME OUT! then the toy bins.

The kitchen is after that, We were given a box full of really good dishes. its a farberwear dish set, A full set of everything. So were going to clean out the cabinets, toss some of our old chipped cracked dishes, and move the more decent stuff up to the top. and then put the new stuff in its place. I also need to clean out and organize under my counter.. that is where all our pots and pans are and it looks like a tornado whipped through it. food cabinets are next. Then deep clean the floors and walls. 

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I finally just picked a room and started.  It is overwhelming.  Hang in there.

Quoting bwsmommy:

so im not alone !!

Quoting celestegood:

This is exactly how I feel.

Quoting bwsmommy:

I dont know where to start .. i have that much/many things to get done :(..

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM

MY dh still has legos and transformers from when he was a kid. I have to fight not to give them away. LOL LOL LOL. But I respect his need to keep them.

ETA: He does not play with them, but my son does and sometimes Daddy will "play with him". LOL LOL LOL. It's cute.

Quoting Leelee1008:

I have a slight hard time getting rid of stuff but I force myself to do it.

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting Leelee1008:

What isnt? lol.

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I will not show what this cabinet looked like before but here is the after......LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)