Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In my honest opinion (smarter living)

Posted by   + Show Post
September is showing lots of wonderful degrees in the eastern part of USA (from the HOT 80's or 90's to cold cold cold 30's.)
In my honest opinion for my (smarter living), don't touch that heater yet. Better yet, grab & bring out some blankets (cold?) add a extra layer of blanket before touching the heater.
(keep some $$$$ in your pocket.)
Wear socks, maybe a long sleeve shirt & pj pants to bed to stay extra warm.

(kinda off topic, people in my city whine tht they're "bills are high" but when it's chilly out side they don't think "layer up" (save $$$$ in the pocket) no they think & show "ROAR UP THE HEATERS YA'll!" & lose $$$$ than whine they can't pay they're lights/gas bill.) *frown*

So my honest opinion, layer up, bundle up. Save the $$$$ in your pockets!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:46 AM

I wish it got that cold here

lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Wood stove :) why turn on my heat when I can burn downed brush and tree limbs from storms for free
PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:03 AM
CT

Quoting powow65:

What state hun?

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

Its in the 30s right now and we are just layered.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Yeah, I enjoy that month or two of no heat/no air conditioning used....saves so much money!

Quoting yvonne37:

true.. my husband was about to turn the heater on.. i was like STOP.. why?  its just in the low 50s.. we can cover up and enjoy the coolness ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I wish we could do that here. My son has reactive airway disease, and one lung, small airways-its like a permanent, physical all the time asthma. I couldn't think of doing that and be in the right. He just couldn't breathe. Not to mention he's allergic to some trees, so that could hurt him.
Good for you, though.

Quoting lasombrs:

Wood stove :) why turn on my heat when I can burn downed brush and tree limbs from storms for free
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:20 AM
My mother had scleroderma in both her lungs and was on oxygen 24/7 they took out our fire place and put in a wood stove because the smoke and ash did not go into the air.

Quoting celestegood:

I wish we could do that here. My son has reactive airway disease, and one lung, small airways-its like a permanent, physical all the time asthma. I couldn't think of doing that and be in the right. He just couldn't breathe. Not to mention he's allergic to some trees, so that could hurt him.

Good for you, though.

Quoting lasombrs:

momma-flynn
by Greta on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:36 AM
We need to replace the weather stripping on our back door. It's out only drafty place. I know that will help.

Quoting powow65:

That's what we did last yet, our bill was a (bit) smaller not much b/c the apartment was very drafty, airy & cold it self!

Quoting momma-flynn:

It's still way to hot here to even think about using the heater. We always set our heat lower to cut down on the bill when we do use it.
powow65
by kimmy on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Im packing & moving in!
Lol joking!

Omg my belated grandmom, at her house she has two wood stoves & omg! Free heat! Plus can cook on a wool stove too!
I envy you hun! Lol

Quoting lasombrs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:45 AM

i don't think it's even got cold enough to trigger our heater yet. i felt cold last night so i turned the heater on. i have a sick baby and didn't want her getting too cold. i never heard it come on.

powow65
by kimmy on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Ah yes, a bit chilly.

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

CT

Quoting powow65:

What state hun?

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

Its in the 30s right now and we are just layered.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)