In my honest opinion (smarter living)

Posted by   + Show Post
September is showing lots of wonderful degrees in the eastern part of USA (from the HOT 80's or 90's to cold cold cold 30's.)
In my honest opinion for my (smarter living), don't touch that heater yet. Better yet, grab & bring out some blankets (cold?) add a extra layer of blanket before touching the heater.
(keep some $$$$ in your pocket.)
Wear socks, maybe a long sleeve shirt & pj pants to bed to stay extra warm.

(kinda off topic, people in my city whine tht they're "bills are high" but when it's chilly out side they don't think "layer up" (save $$$$ in the pocket) no they think & show "ROAR UP THE HEATERS YA'll!" & lose $$$$ than whine they can't pay they're lights/gas bill.) *frown*

So my honest opinion, layer up, bundle up. Save the $$$$ in your pockets!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Replies (61-65):
nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM

good tips

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Yeah, it seems like fall is coming quickly this year. Boo! I want to keep wearing my tank tops! Now they're just the bottom layer...

dusky_rose
by Sue on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:09 PM

True, thanks for that. :-)

SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I haven't touched the heater at all I surely won't until it's so cold it's unbearable. We've maintained a good electric bill and I don't want to hike it up just yet for the cold weather. Hell a lot of the times throughout the fall I turn the furnace off completely.

teesoloca
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:44 AM

we are layer-ers too...LOL...i love the money i save this time of year

Quoting powow65:

September is showing lots of wonderful degrees in the eastern part of USA (from the HOT 80's or 90's to cold cold cold 30's.)
In my honest opinion for my (smarter living), don't touch that heater yet. Better yet, grab & bring out some blankets (cold?) add a extra layer of blanket before touching the heater.
(keep some $$$$ in your pocket.)
Wear socks, maybe a long sleeve shirt & pj pants to bed to stay extra warm.

(kinda off topic, people in my city whine tht they're "bills are high" but when it's chilly out side they don't think "layer up" (save $$$$ in the pocket) no they think & show "ROAR UP THE HEATERS YA'll!" & lose $$$$ than whine they can't pay they're lights/gas bill.) *frown*

So my honest opinion, layer up, bundle up. Save the $$$$ in your pockets!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: