Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! What is the best carseat?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 11 Replies

I absolutely hate our current car seat and so does DS. It's so hot first of all and secondly it almost puts her in the laying down position and it IS installed right. She wants to sit up and can't. She likes my parents seat, not sure what its called but she sits up better in it and doesnt mind. So what is your little one in? We are thinking of getting her something else but want opinions from others. Thanks

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyRJ
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:27 AM
What is she in? How old is she? What's her weight?
MommyRJ
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I'd go ask the car seat safety group. They'll find the perfect seat for you
vermontmoms
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:28 AM
What is the size and age of your child? What is the budget, how much are you willing to spend? Do you plan on RF or are you looking for forward facing only?

We used Britax seats till age 7 and loved them. At 7 we switched to Sunshine Kids Monterey HBB. Now at 10 they ride in a LBB (monterey or Graco Connext)
Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM

We definitely need to know more info to help you out in the best way.  Size and age of your child, type of car.  That kind of thing.

My daughter has a Radian.  Now, they are made by Diono.  Mine rear faces to 45 lb and 5 pt harnesses to 80 lb.

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM

whats her age, weight, height ??

Jules_
by Julie on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I am a huge fan of Britax!  We have three in car seats, one rear facing and two forward facing and I can't say enough good things about them!

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I don't even remember what ours is

proudmommy690
by Christa on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:29 PM
What kind of seat is she in now? How old? If you both like the one in your parents car, I say ask them and try to get that one.

I have a graco natulius for my 4yr old and it will grow with her to a noback booster. I love it! (although it is a pain in the ass to get back together after washing the covers.

I also have a graco comfortsport for my 19 month old which i really like too. But when she outgrows this one (or i get enough money lol) i will also be getting her the nautilus so I wont have to worry about buying carseats again (unless they either expire or god-forbid we have an accident)
fraujones
by Amanda on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Mine is in a Britax. We like it. 

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM

same here .he uses just a booster seat now

Quoting EbonySnow:

I don't even remember what ours is

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)