Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney World tips & tricks?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 26 Replies

We're going on our VERY FIRST family vacation Disney World! We're not staying on the resort so we can't take advantage of the meal plans or other resort stuff.

Are there any tips and tricks we should know about? Help us out Disney experts!

What do you know that we should know?
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I'm not a big fan of Disney.

LifeCafe42
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I don't know disneyworld but Disneyland you can take any food in I always would bring water bottles and the Mios or other water additives in the squeeze bottle there are water fountains or the food places will refill and even add ice.
They do parent hand off so if one of your kids doesn't want to go on any of the rides a parent doesn't have to miss out one goes on one round then when that car gets back you switch spots.
If the kids are older the single rider lines are awesome as long as you don't mind riding all together
They have lockers with outlets now so bring your phone charger there are also random outlets around the park especially in the food areas
Strollers may be annoying to drag around we always would park it in the land we would be going to and walk around. Come crabby time and falling asleep really nice to have it.
There's an app for that! Check out the disneyworld app and if there are any wait time apps they usually have good tips and where the characters will be at what time.
Adventure land has wifi (Disneyland)
Trying to upload pictures onto FB or going on the Internet at the park drains your battery because so many people are on their phones.

Have a blast!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Pinterest I've seen lots of things about Disney on a budget too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I have never been there

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I wish I knew.. I have never been... but plan to go... 

Here is a bump, hope you get good info

EbonySnow
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM

never been

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Bring your own snacks and lots of drinks.A water bottle is around $2.50 a bottle.Food is expensive.Right now there are no lines.When we went a couple of weeks ago we waited the most 20 mins in a line.When you go on splash mountain sit closet to the left side.You get wet most on that side and its been so hot here(103 yesterday) that it will feel good.If your tired and need a rest go on the people mover.Its just a nice ride around and you get a break

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:56 PM
How old are your kids?
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Bring in your own food/water. 

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Bring a stroller for each young kid.  You can always park one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN