Grilled Broccoli & Cheese from the Budget Bytes site!
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets $0.36
- 1/16 tsp garlic powder $0.01
- pinch salt & pepper $0.05
- hearty bread $0.67
- 1 oz. cream cheese $0.25
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella $0.25
- Place the broccoli florets in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high until warm (about 90 seconds). Season the broccoli with a pinch of salt and pepper and about 1/16th teaspoon of garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Spread the cream cheese over the inside surface of both slices of bread. Add the shredded cheese to the bowl with the broccoli and stir to combine. Pile the broccoli and cheese mixture onto one of the slices of bread and place the other slice on top.
- Place the sandwich in a non-stick skillet and cook over medium-low heat until the bread is crispy on the bottom. Flip the sandwich and cook on the second side until brown as crispy on the other side. If the cheese filling has not melted by this time, place a lid over the skillet to help hold in the heat until the interior is melted.