Do you return your shopping cart?

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:24 AM
  • 487 Replies
3 moms liked this

My son has been working at a grocery store . . . as the guy who brings the carts back into the store.  (He does a lot of other stuff, too.)

As a result, I have become so aware of how many shopping carts are left all over the parking lot.  It's a big job to gather them all.  (This particular parking lot does not have any of those 'cart return' things, so people just randomly leave them everywhere rather than bringing them back to the store.) 

So . . . tell me, do you return your shopping cart?  Or do you just abandon it in the parking lot?

shopping

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SylviaNCali
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this

If there is a shopping cart return area then we will. If it's way off then we will not. 

CafeMom Tickers
bhwrn1
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:46 AM

I return it if the cart thing or front of the store it close

luvnature
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:16 AM
7 moms liked this

we always do, nothing is more frustating than finding the right parking spot and not being able to use it because someone left an empty shopping cart in that parking space. and no it is not always convenient to just get out of the car and move it ourselves, especially when there are other people looking for parking spaces and if they see you moving the cart, they will rush into the spot without thinking that maybe you moved the cart because you wanted that space. 

DixieL
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:18 AM

My son worked at Sam's Club. He worked in all parts of the store, but part of the time he did carts. I never thought about it, until I saw how hard it is for the cart guys. Now I always put my cart back.

CampClan
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:21 AM
9 moms liked this

I return it to the cart corral. It's actually because of my 4yo DS. He rides in the cart & when I go to put it away I pretend I am leaving him in the cart. I say "Okay I will see you later" & he giggles & says (as he pretends to panic) "NO Mommy don't leave me!!" And then I take him out & we go to the car. He thinks it's hilarious & we "have" to do it every time. Once I didn't do it just to see what he would do & he got mad at me & cried about not playing our game.

IndigoRose
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Sure.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Most of the time I put it in the cart return.

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Not always, I'm a bad person though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alf2651
by Amanda on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I do, everytime. 

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

mom2jessnky
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:31 AM
14 moms liked this

I return it, because I know it would royally piss me off to have my car dinged or damaged by a stray cart that some lazy asshole left floating around the lot so I will not do that to someone else. I return to the corral or the front of the store. It only takes 10 seconds. I even did it when my kids were babies and toddlers so the "I have small kids" excuse wouldn't even fly with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: