Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is Going on?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM
  • 22 Replies

My dd will be 4 in December and has been in full-day preschool since August 26th.  She has been doing great, until she had two accidents last week.  Then this week she has had three.  The teacher seems to think she is holding it so long and then she has an accident.  DD seems happy when I pick her up, not stressed, etc.  I had her go potty at school before I left her today and told her she could have a handful of peanuts if we don't have accidents at school (she loves peanuts).  She still had one today. I don't know what to do at this point.  I have talked to the teachers and we have both talked to Aubrey about going potty as soon as she needs to go.  She hasn't had an accident at home in quite some time now. Any suggestions?

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamivon2
by Sandra on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:29 PM

change is school routine? Too busy playing, a kid getting more attention than she is.. new sibling in the home??

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

yea I agree maybe she's too busy that can happen sometimes.

aubsmom09
by Erin on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:45 PM

She was in this same preschool this summer, but was only there a few days a week for 3 hours.  This preschool is pretty academically based so they keep a regular schedule, but the kids can leave group at anytime to go potty, get a drink, etc.  There haven't been any other changes at home and she is an only child.  I figured it was a bit overwhelming for her to go from being with me most of the time to going to school five days a week for 6.5 to 7 hours a day, but she was fine the first 3 1/2 weeks of school. 

Quoting mamivon2:

change is school routine? Too busy playing, a kid getting more attention than she is.. new sibling in the home??

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just keep working on it and days when she has no accidents, asked her if she went to the potty on her own and if she did, congratulate her.  I would see if the teacher can come by and check with her mid morning just to remind her.   I know it is probably her getting too distracted.  My DD is 2 months younger and if she is doing something she likes she sometimes will forget to go. 

MamaMandee
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
My guess is she is loving school so much she dosnt want to take a break to go potty. I'd ask the teacher to make her try more often. My only other guess is she has an infection down there from not wiping right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Kids sometimes get so busy doing something that they don't want to stop until the last second.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe she needs treats at school or encouragement while she is there.... maybe the teachers can send her to the potty every hour?

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MamaMandee:

My guess is she is loving school so much she dosnt want to take a break to go potty. I'd ask the teacher to make her try more often. My only other guess is she has an infection down there from not wiping right.

This,Maybe you should take her to the dr and rule out any medical issue

MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I think it's normal sometimes for kids to regress sort of. My 3 y/o who has been fully trained for a year has started having accidents but I think its because we are moving and he's not handling the stress very well. Has anything in your daughter's environment changed? A new student even? Sometimes they get afraid to use public bathrooms even if they were fine before with it.

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

She is  probably just too busy and ignoring the signals in hopes of playing more. Have you considered a potty watch? I have this for my son (cost $10 on Amazon) and it is wonderful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN