Group Home

Smarter You: Get a Fresh Fall Look

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 46 Replies

Fall brings cooler weather, and the need for a new look. I love fall weather, actually, because it's not so cold that you're just wearing sweaters and coats and need to be bundled up all the time. And it's not so hot that you're sweating in sleeveless shirts and skirts or shorts, either. Fall temperatures are usually just in the middle, and to me, that's just about perfect. What I love about the weather being not too hot or too cold is that you can settle on a mix of light layers to keep you warm, but not too toasty, and still refresh your whole look easily in the process.

You can throw a long, light cardigan or a short-sleeved sweater or vest over a button- down shirt for example, for a few hip twists on an old classic. A few places with tons of sweater choices right now are Nordstrom.com; kohls.com; hm.com; jcrew.com; oldnavy.com and overstock.com. I think it's best to try them on however, and I really never shop for sweaters online personally.

Another nice way to layer your look is to find a blazer you love that you can throw over any shirt, wear with jeans, skirts or even dress pants. Here are some ideas from H &M that look cool to me: http://www.hm.com/us/subdepartment/LADIES?Nr=4294926803

Scarves are also always a great way to add warmth and style to your fall outfits: look for soft fabric that's not too thick, and wrap it in up any number of creative ways to change your look. I love this large selection at the Gap, for example: http://www.gap.com/browse/search.do?searchText=scarves

Last but not least, some nice fall boots and a fall-inspired makeup colors will go a long way to add some fresh autumn style to your look any day, with any outfit. Macy's and other large department stores are good places to look for makeup because they offer free trials, advice and makeovers too. A fun fall treat to enjoy in all your free time!

How do you freshen your fall look?

© iStockphoto.com/tgellan  

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I layer as the weather gets cooler. I'm looking for something in rust or deep orange for a fall feeling.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Layer always
Love the scarf look :)

wandep
by Pam on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Well, it is kinda hard to do things like this in FL. :( We are only in the 80s here this week. I do try to wear a scarf and a light weight jacket when it gets cooler. 

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I just ordered a new cardigan. It will extend my summer clothes for a while. Wish I could wear scarves, but they look ridiculous on me.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:52 AM
A nice fall jacket. I do have one from the Jennifer Lopez line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I'm not a blazer type person but I love a nice simple cardigan. I have quite a few in different colors. My current favorite is this one....

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:17 AM

We still wear shorts and flip flops.It doesnt get much cooler here.Still in the 90's

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Peddler's Village, right?  My dd and I were just there on Sunday.  I live right near there.

Quoting ceciliam:

I'm not a blazer type person but I love a nice simple cardigan. I have quite a few in different colors. My current favorite is this one....

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I usually just add a cardigan. 

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:43 AM

YES!! I LOVE Peddler's Village! We were there for the Scarecrow Festival....I try to get there a few times a year. I'm in NJ and live about 45 minutes away from Peddler's.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Peddler's Village, right?  My dd and I were just there on Sunday.  I live right near there.

Quoting ceciliam:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie