Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Rockin' the Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness!

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 39 Replies
2 moms liked this

C'mon, say it all together now: Helllloooooo, October! Yup, October is here. October is the month of apples and pumpkins. October is the month for costumes and candy. And October is the month for Breast Cancer Awareness. Those pink ribbons will be popping up everywhere -- from NFL football jerseys on Sundays to lapels of every politician.

It is a great reminder for all of us -- seeing the pink reminds us how far we've come in fighting breast cancer, with increased proven prevention methods and early screenings, but also how much more needs to be done.

Now, I'm not a huge pink kind of gal...right, I'm not a pink gal at all, but as the daughter of a breast cancer survivor (yup, my mom fought cancer and won!), I want to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness month. I've been looking for some ways to rock the pink in the upcoming weeks.

This wrap bracelet from Elaine Turner not only lets you wear pink in style, the purchase of it helps fight cancer since a portion of the proceeds of each sale goes to cancer research. Awesome look, even awesomer result (awesomer is a word, right?).

I love Hoda and Kathy Lee. Like seriously want to hang out with them on a weekly basis. Hoda is a breast cancer survivor and she came up with this simple, casual ring design with the word "Forward" on it, sold over on the NBC store. A great reminder and again, a great purchase with part of the proceeds going to breast cancer foundations.

You may need to bundle up a bit while cheering on your little soccer dude or going apple-picking. This pink pashmina is perfect to promote breast cancer awareness and keep toasty warm on fall days. I found it on Amazon.

What is better than a super-soft, super-cozy sweater to toss on while running errands and taking kids to school? Not much, except one that shows your support for those fighting breast cancer. Snag this gorgeous and snuggly one from the Gap.

Check out what I found on Shopbop -- bling it out with these dazzling pink studs from Kate Spade. So simple, so elegant, so ideal to rock the pink every day in October (or really any month)!  

How do you rock the pink for Breast Cancer Awareness? Do you know anyone who has fought breast cancer?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Chimpinski 

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jemia
by Shekella on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:16 AM
I have a tattoo with my grandmothers' initials underneath, she passed away in 2010.
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I love that bracelet! May buy it! I think I will try to wear pink often this month...at least a little something pink each time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I don't wear much pink, but my dd unintentionally wore all pink to school today.  I lost one of my coworkers to breast cancer a few years back.

wandep
Hope everyone has a great week!!! It's almost Christmas time!!!
Today at 9:39 AM
by Pam on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I'm wearing my pink today! :)

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:22 AM
I love the sweater...My sister is battling breast cancer for the 2nd time...She was cancer free for 8 years...She underwent a double mastectomy and reconstruction the first time....
Juniper53098
by June on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I recommend that you post info about prevention instead of rockin' the pink (unless you really like to wear it).

SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Like the bracelet!

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:57 AM

My pastors wife recently completed chemo for breast cancer. So far it's good news. :)

Mznaye
by Jo on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I am wearing a pink rubber bracelet on my name badge
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Nice!! My Gma had it at age 35 while pregnant with my uncle! She was told that at least her son would remember her....she was given 5 yrs or less to live.   She's now in her mid 80's!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN