Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sewing

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 46 Replies
Hello! I just got my first sewing machine. does anyone have any easy tutorials for someone who has no idea what they're doing?? :)
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vertical15
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

No but I'm keeping an eye on this post.  I want to get a sewing machine but there are so many options.  I look and get overwhelmed and give up. 

kbutton24
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM
My mom's best friend just got a new one and gave me her old one :)

Quoting Vertical15:

No but I'm keeping an eye on this post.  I want to get a sewing machine but there are so many options.  I look and get overwhelmed and give up. 

Vertical15
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM

That would help make the decision!  LoL  My mom once gave me one from a friends of hers but it was old and had no instructions and I got frustrated and sold it! 

Quoting kbutton24:

Quoting Vertical15:

kbutton24
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Oh man. This one didn't have a manual either but she gave me the website where I can get it. I'm terrible at sewing but would love to learn to make dd clothes

Quoting Vertical15:

That would help make the decision!  LoL  My mom once gave me one from a friends of hers but it was old and had no instructions and I got frustrated and sold it! 

Quoting kbutton24:

Quoting Vertical15:

OliviaW.
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this
YouTube has some good clips. Also just google it. I follow a pattern for clothes that I get from the fabric store. On pintrest you might be able to find some free patterns too.

I just decided that I'm going to learn to knit and used YouTube, google and pintrest.
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:45 PM

good tips!

Quoting OliviaW.:

YouTube has some good clips. Also just google it. I follow a pattern for clothes that I get from the fabric store. On pintrest you might be able to find some free patterns too.

I just decided that I'm going to learn to knit and used YouTube, google and pintrest.

slw123
by Shawna on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:46 PM

How fun!  I want to learn too, but I don't have a sewing machine (yet).

kearaloves1
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:48 PM

yes go to youtube a see the begginer videos on how to make a simple change pocket with a zipper this is usually where sewing classes start its literally a small rectangle of fabric with a zipper totally easy once you get this down as well as how to sew on buttons your good to go! give is an update and show off your first project please!thank you

kbutton24
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Thank you! Will do :)

Quoting kearaloves1:

yes go to youtube a see the begginer videos on how to make a simple change pocket with a zipper this is usually where sewing classes start its literally a small rectangle of fabric with a zipper totally easy once you get this down as well as how to sew on buttons your good to go! give is an update and show off your first project please!thank you

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Great tips! You can probably find the instruction book online.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)