Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Things that totally annoy me about Halloween

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:49 PM
  • 83 Replies
2 moms liked this

Okay, I love Halloween and I love to see my DS get dressed up and have fun with his friends.  He loves to methodically sort his candy after, he eats way too much and stays up way too late.

But I'm ready to get this off my chest before the next Halloween rolls around.

I hate (strongly dislike):

Teens that go trick or treating in their street clothes or their current athletic uniform.

Parents that dress their infants up to go tricky or treating. Do we really think he's going to eat that Twix or Laffy Taffy??

Parents that drive their kids from house to house in their car or golf cart.  They're about to eat 8.5 pounds of candy. They really need the exercise.

Parents that find the biggest neighborhood in town to score extra booty

People that think Halloween is the devil's holiday.  Get real people. Lighten up!

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Basically all the things you said plus I hate it when these teenagers mow down my small kids trying to get to a door.  Manners even on Halloween!!!

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM
4 moms liked this

This year I seriously think I'm putting up a sign that says, "No costume, no candy"!  My hubby handed out candy last year and he made the mistake of letting the kids get it themselves....they were grabbing it by the handful! I think it's ridiculous! I know not every single parent can walk up to the door, but how about you teach your kids not to be greedy beasts! I personally love to see the babies trick or treating. I'm going to get little packages of goldfish crackers for them :)

proudmommy690
by Christa on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I agree with the first one lol
Liastele
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I can't imagine arguing with someone about their costume. If teens want candy, fine. College students trick or treat around here and I bet they "need" the free food more than the little kids :P I remember being a starving college kid...

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I dressed my youngest up last year (she's the only one I've ever had that was too little for candy on Halloween) because we all went together as a family. I didn't ask for candy for her or have a bucket or bag for her to collect candy in....but people insisted on the boys "pick an extra piece out for you sister, ok?" lol

momacatt3
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:45 PM
3 moms liked this

i hear ya i always dressed up my babies but i didnt take them out we just stayed at home and passed out candy and now what i do is i have candy for the 'kids' i buy a case of apple sauce cups for the babies and when the teenagers come around my hubs dresses up in all black with a creepy mask and hides and just befor i hand them candy he pops out with the no chain chainsaw and chases them down the street the teenagers only get tricks here no treats

bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
All the "sexy" costumes!! HATE THIS!!
Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM
4 moms liked this

I have one that beats yours!  People that go all out decorating their home...and then they're not there, they don't even leave a bowl out..

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM

yes this is so dumb! 

Quoting bloomsr:

All the "sexy" costumes!! HATE THIS!!

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I like seeing babies trick or treat.  They aren't going to eat the candy, obviously, but they like the colorful and crinkly wrappers.

When we took my babies out trick or treating we donated the candy.  But we were going with friends or family with older children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)