Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starting a new Christmas traditions

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:02 AM
  • 49 Replies
Last week I posted that my Cousin announced she was hosting Christmas this year because she had a new house. Well my mom had surgery Monday and didn't want me to rock the boat so I waited until today to send her a message telling her it was rude and very much hurt our feelings. Of course her response instead of apologizing was I don't care you can have it. I told her she already announced it she could have it.

So I started thinking, maybe I could do something on Christmas Eve that wasn't hosting Christmas. So I came up with Cocoa and Cookies on Christmas Eve. I asked her if she would care if I hosted Christmas Eve basically for the kids. Reading Christmas stories, eating desserts, singing songs (since we quit going to our family church last year :( ... I thought it was a great idea something basically for the kids. Hoping I get to do it!!

(However my cousin told me to just take Christmas and every other holiday, blah, blah- family yesh!)
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Families are so much fun, aren't they???

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Dang.You were willing to compromise and she was still being rude.

ScrChk23
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I think the idea is cute.

suroundedbyboys
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Quoting elasmimi:

Families are so much fun, aren't they???

Oh yes, she told me I could have all the holidays. I don't really see how I was in the wrong calling her out for claiming Christmas when it was my turn. I am trying to be the more mature one and offer an alternative but of course se just has to pull the poor pitiful me crap, I'm the bad one, blah blah blah.

Anyhow, I am super excited by the Christmas Eve Cocoa and cookies idea and think it could be fun, but right now she is throwing her fit. I'm watching the clock to see how long before her mom calls or shows up to rant at me. :/
Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

wow sounds childish! she needs to grow up

suroundedbyboys
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Quoting momofsixangels:

Dang.You were willing to compromise and she was still being rude.

After her 4th text telling me to take Christmas and all the holidays, I quit responding. I tried explaining my point that it hurt my feelings and it was rude. I even asked if she minded if I did something Christmas Eve that was not a meal or presents. Now I'm just like whatever. Her mother is always making excuses for her- she's tired, worried about money etc. She's a nurse, didn't want kids and just bought a giant house. I don't see how life is so hard for her right now. I have 3 kids, my husband is on his 2nd furlough of the year and I've been taking care of my bed ridden mother since Mid August. She just had spinal surgery and can barely walk. I'm a scout leader and my husband just roped into being a leader for 18 Tiger scouts... Her yearly vacations to France and cruises in the Bahamas sounds soooo rough! Lol.
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Quoting ScrChk23:

I think the idea is cute.

meglennox
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I really love that idea! I wish we had more kids in the family because i would totally swipe that idea ;)
TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:01 AM

That is a great idea!

Come check out , , and

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I think Cookies & Cocoa sounds like a really nice Christmas Eve tradition. And I respect the way you are trying to work with your family rather than just cutting everyone off... It can be hard and exhausting, I know. Hang in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)