Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WIC program to stop issuing benefits due to government shut down

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 31 Replies
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mereinhart28
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM

hmm. well it seems like the vouchers they already issued will be honored. this will effect what exactly, next month's vouchers if there is no resolution to the shut down? I don't receive any assistance, so I'm not sure how often those vouchers are given to families.

MamaMandee
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Well I hope it gets worked out soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.LoveMy2Girls
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Hopefully they work something out....theres lots on WIC that need it.
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

this is a travesty...i dont use WIC but this is the last thing they should be messing with...there are babies and little kids involved..SMH

LoveMyBoyK
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM
That is such crap. Congress can affordbto add extra barriers and security to natioanl monuments to keep people out, aford to continue running their own recreation, and afford to open the National Mall to a pro-immigration protest ... but "have no choice" but to shut down WIC and NIH? Anybody falling for the aAdministrations ploy needs a reality check.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM
That's crazy!!!! What about moms that get formula? They give like 7-10 cans a months, those cans are expensive,I feel for them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

i couldnt agree more...what is happening here...the wrong stuff is being cut

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

That is such crap. Congress can affordbto add extra barriers and security to natioanl monuments to keep people out, aford to continue running their own recreation, and afford to open the National Mall to a pro-immigration protest ... but "have no choice" but to shut down WIC and NIH? Anybody falling for the aAdministrations ploy needs a reality check.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:55 PM
WOW...So the low income families with little ones are sol? Formula is expensive...Thats just crazy...
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:55 PM

hope these SUITS can go help pay to feed these babies...as if they would sacrifice like that :/

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

That's crazy!!!! What about moms that get formula? They give like 7-10 cans a months, those cans are expensive,I feel for them

aj23
by Amanda on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM
2 moms liked this
It must be a local thing. The wic here says they are doing business as normal and it will only affect them if it goes into November and then they will have to cut back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN