Group Home

I just bought my daughter coffee . .

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:43 PM
  • 355 Replies

My 11-year old daughter just asked me to buy her a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  I said, "You don't even like coffee!" but she wanted to try it.  (She likes frappes . . . she says they don't taste much like coffee.)

I personally don't like the taste of coffee, so I don't like any of the coffee-related drinks. 

Anyway, I bought it for her and she did not like it because she said it tasted like coffee.

Do you let your kids drink coffee?  I don't really think coffee and kids belong together, but I hate to be a dictator when it comes to food or drinks in my househould . . .

Do YOU like coffee?  (Personally, I hate it.)

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allornone
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd will take sips of my Starbucks coffee or if dh leaves his sitting on the counter. They will drink it cold. They are 12 and 7.

AllThatBabyJazz
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM
6 moms liked this

I do not. They don't drink pop or juice either. They get Milk, or water. 

mereinhart28
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't let my kiddos drink coffee. they are 8 and 6. they have enough energy, they don't need extra caffeine. lol

mcginnisc
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM

My oldest daughter keeps begging me for a pumpkin spice latte, but I haven't gotten her one yet... she loves coffee...she told me earlier that my coffee smelled soooo good, but surprisingly, she did not go make herself one. She knows how to work the Keurig, so she makes herself coffee IF I agree. She is going to be 8 in 3 weeks and is only allowed to have decaf. My MIL created a monster years ago when she would make the girls "mochas" for coffee time, which is her time with her mother in the early mornings. She takes the girls with her when we are at their house and they would ask for coffee to be like their GM and GGM. My MIL would give them a glass of chocolate milk with a splash of coffee and that started my oldest's addiction. I give both of them a SB gift card in their stockings. My youngest buys milks or frapps, but my oldest will buy coffees or frapps. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

mamivon2
by Sandra on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I do sometimes... Not my first beverage but I do drink it.. sometimes I force myself to drink a cup..

my son he is 11y loves it...

mom4awesomekids
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM

My kids don't drink coffee but I drink coffee.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I love coffee!!  I'll let my DD try it whenever she's ready. DH grew up drinking coffee (French).

callmemaybe
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the smell of coffee . . . so much . . . but I cannot stand the taste at all.  I know it's weird. . . .

Quoting mcginnisc:

My oldest daughter keeps begging me for a pumpkin spice latte, but I haven't gotten her one yet... she loves coffee...she told me earlier that my coffee smelled soooo good, but surprisingly, she did not go make herself one. She knows how to work the Keurig, so she makes herself coffee IF I agree. She is going to be 8 in 3 weeks and is only allowed to have decaf. My MIL created a monster years ago when she would make the girls "mochas" for coffee time, which is her time with her mother in the early mornings. She takes the girls with her when we are at their house and they would ask for coffee to be like their GM and GGM. My MIL would give them a glass of chocolate milk with a splash of coffee and that started my oldest's addiction. I give both of them a SB gift card in their stockings. My youngest buys milks or frapps, but my oldest will buy coffees or frapps. 

critter_boo
by Sarah on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Love coffee
mcginnisc
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Quoting callmemaybe:

I love the smell of coffee . . . so much . . . but I cannot stand the taste at all.  I know it's weird. . . .

Quoting mcginnisc:

My best friend is the same way. She has had coffee maybe 2x in her 30 years of age. It baffles her mind that I drink so much coffee and that I drink it black. I told her when she grows up, she'll learn to drink it. ( I'm 8 years older than she is. LOL )

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie