Group Home

I just bought my daughter coffee . .

Posted by   + Show Post

My 11-year old daughter just asked me to buy her a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  I said, "You don't even like coffee!" but she wanted to try it.  (She likes frappes . . . she says they don't taste much like coffee.)

I personally don't like the taste of coffee, so I don't like any of the coffee-related drinks. 

Anyway, I bought it for her and she did not like it because she said it tasted like coffee.

Do you let your kids drink coffee?  I don't really think coffee and kids belong together, but I hate to be a dictator when it comes to food or drinks in my househould . . .

Do YOU like coffee?  (Personally, I hate it.)

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Replies (351-355):
AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, DD does drink coffee from time to time.  She is 13.

I love coffee

Diane1223
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I drank coffee from the time that I was about 6, of course at that time...it was more milk then coffee.  I still drink coffee, every morning, and I am 32 years old :) I love coffee, and I love Pumpkin Spice Lattes!!! Yum..I need to get one now! lol :)

bluedolly01
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:26 AM
I actually saw something here about it on a post nearly 12 months ago now. My first thought was "WHAT?!!!! is that woman crazy?", but I went away and did some reading, decided to give it a go, thought whats the worst thing that could happen - kid goes a bit nuts for a couple of hours. Tried it on a weekend and yep sure enough calm kid.

The feedback from his teacher is that ita like having a different child in her class and she can tell if he has had coffee or not.
bhwrn1
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:47 AM

My kids do not drink coffee but we let our middle have decaf tea once in a iwhile. I like coffee

lostosbourne
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM

LOVE coffee. I cant go a day without it. But I prefer just plain coffee with cream and sugar. I do enjoy a coffee drink every once in awhile tho. The pumpkin spice one is yummy. My kids both love coffee as well altho my oldest cant drink it cuz he has gastritis and it irritates it. But my youngest has been drinking coffee since he was an infant. He has asthma and even after breathing treatments he would be wheezing and sometimes gasping for breath. (he was diagnosed at age 2mo when he stopped breathing on me. He died twice on the Flight For Life helicopter and they brought him back) So my pediatrician told me to give him a coffee bottle and it worked! No more wheezing and no more gasping for breath. So he has been drinking it ever since then. Today at age 22 he is not really a coffee drinker and he seems to have outgrown a lot of the asthma episodes but once in awhile he enjoys a cup of coffee. And he likes all the coffee drinks too. 

wedding countdown

Audi AKA LostOsbourne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80