Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone worked for GE call center? (gecallcentercareers.com)

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm seeing their hiring ads constantly. I would like to enquire about the job. But, I don't know anybody to give me an unbiased view. There are a few things that concern me. This company is advertising in an area of high unemployment (above 8%). Also, through online searching, one reply described them as a "slash and burn" organization.

Inquiring about jobs in this area is important. Because of the high unemployment, many jobs are not accommodating, being that employees are very replaceable. And usually, positions that are advertised on tv are hard-to-fill positions. So this really throws a red flag about this company. The last two positions in this area were very short lived, as my longevity persisted in better economic areas.

Q: If anyone has ever worked for a GE call center, what was your experience there?

Thanks in advance
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I havent..But I worked for a different call center..They usually hire hundreds of people for christmas and then lay off...It gets hectic for sure, with almost 350 people working we were still over 200 in queue for hours...Good luck...
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

No idea but hope someone here can help you

MamaMandee
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry no idea but here is a bump & good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump, I have no experience... Hope someone can give you a helpful perspective.
shymomof4
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

No but I worked at the UPS call center.  If you see an ad for them run in the opposite direction.  lol Bump!!

mamivon2
by Sandra on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:58 AM

I havent

AjCeCeMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't but I used to be a human resources manager at a call center. It depends on the company but be prepared to do a two to seven weeks training where you can't miss a day and generally the hours will not be flexible. The hours are often based on seniority, new people in the door don't get he best hours but you might eventually. Very high turn over rate too. If you like to problem solve, be on the phone and can handle being spoken to like a second class citizen, go for it. Depends how desperate you are, I guess. Some people really thrive in a call center and if you're good at sales and can up sell features of products there's money to be made.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

No idea but good luck.

amyjane22
by Amy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't and don't know anyone who has....sorry!

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

i havent but here is  bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN