Group Home

Unorganized Teachers

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:23 AM
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this

I can't be the only one that has kids with them, lol.

I'll start with my first grader: She (the teacher) is a super sweet lady. We communicate really well, and I haven't had to fight with her (BIG improvement from the kinder teacher he had last year. My only complaint is, I went and spent TWO HOURS in a parent information system to learn how their spelling homework will be done so that I can understand how to do it with him.......but, she has yet to send home any spelling homework. I see the completed homework, so maybe he gets finished with class work early and does his homework at school?? I'd love to know, lol. I guess I'll be calling her. 

Now, my Kindergartner. I love his teacher as well. She is sweet, and she communicates with me even better than Colton's teacher, but she misplaces EVERYTHING!! I can't tell you how many times I've gotten a note that his folder or baggy book was missing only for her to find it under something..lol. What peeves me though, is the library book. The first one he checked out and I've been looking for it for 3 weeks. Turns out, she misplaced it in the classroom. So he wasn't able to check out a book because she had his other one. He rode the bus the morning I sent it to school, so I've been thinking all this time that he lost it on the bus and I'd be paying for the thing.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamivon2
by Sandra on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Why did SHE have the library book??

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:30 AM

She collects them when they're sent in to make sure the kids don't get them out of the cub boys before library time and lose them/tear them up.

Quoting mamivon2:

mamivon2
by Sandra on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:32 AM

ahhh I see.. (note sarcasm) but she "loses" them anyways

Quoting IncognitoOne:

She collects them when they're sent in to make sure the kids don't get them out of the cub boys before library time and lose them/tear them up.

Quoting mamivon2:

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:42 AM

I lose stuff too. It's not the fact that she misplaced it that bothers me, it's the fact that he would come home sad because they had library day and he wasn't allowed to get a book like every one else.

This is the very reason I don't go to the public library...because I'm afraid I'll lose the books, so I just buy my own... lol.

Quoting mamivon2:

ahhh I see.. (note sarcasm) but she "loses" them anyways

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting mamivon2:

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:54 AM

On the library book note, she really should have a rolling bin next to the cubbies just for library books. Kids put the book in the bin, you roll the bin down to the library. (It looks like a milk crate with a handle and 2 wheels). EVERY class my kids have been in at every school has had that system. Maybe you can buy her that as a Christmas present? Library book bin, so they don't get misplaced?

I've been lucky that my kids teachers have all been very organized... Maybe your kids' teachers need some help in the class? Could you volunteer with them for an hour a week? I know how much that really helps them out. I do an obscene amount of volunteering at my youngest dd's school. I do copying, laminating, I put together homework packets, make books, etc. Stuff that the teachers don't really have time to (unless they want to be there until 6) but will have to do if a parent doesn't step up and help out. I do it for all the teachers, because there aren't many parents that actually help out. :(  They have my kids all day 5 days a week, the LEAST I can do is some of their busy work.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:02 AM

So far my kids' teachers seem to have everything organized.

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:04 AM

I'd love to volunteer, but they won't let me with my 13 month old and I have no one to watch her. I've asked. The only time I've been able to have siblings with me is when the kids were in Pre-K.

I can't even take her with me on the kids birthdays so that I can help with the snacks and drinks I send in.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

On the library book note, she really should have a rolling bin next to the cubbies just for library books. Kids put the book in the bin, you roll the bin down to the library. (It looks like a milk crate with a handle and 2 wheels). EVERY class my kids have been in at every school has had that system. Maybe you can buy her that as a Christmas present? Library book bin, so they don't get misplaced?

I've been lucky that my kids teachers have all been very organized... Maybe your kids' teachers need some help in the class? Could you volunteer with them for an hour a week? I know how much that really helps them out. I do an obscene amount of volunteering at my youngest dd's school. I do copying, laminating, I put together homework packets, make books, etc. Stuff that the teachers don't really have time to (unless they want to be there until 6) but will have to do if a parent doesn't step up and help out. I do it for all the teachers, because there aren't many parents that actually help out. :(  They have my kids all day 5 days a week, the LEAST I can do is some of their busy work.

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:07 AM

This is nothing compared to last year. I was in parent/teacher meetings constantly because of my oldest son's behavior at school. When he finally opened up to me, I found out a LOT of things. Like he was being yelled at. I understand raising your voice. I understand a firm tone. I do NOT understand the need to yell at a kindergartner.

Quoting momofsixangels:

So far my kids' teachers seem to have everything organized.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:09 AM

That sucks. :( 

At my kid's school (the younger one) as long as you weren't in the work room with your baby they'll let you volunteer. No kids are allowed in the work room because there is a lot of stuff they can get hurt on in there. But that's not to say you couldn't be handed all the papers for a homework packet and staple them in the classroom. Or take stuff home to do. I don't know why they wouldn't suggest that.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I'd love to volunteer, but they won't let me with my 13 month old and I have no one to watch her. I've asked. The only time I've been able to have siblings with me is when the kids were in Pre-K.

I can't even take her with me on the kids birthdays so that I can help with the snacks and drinks I send in.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I can see where she'd be a distraction to a class full of kindergartners, lol.

But after school, if I tried to help, it'd be me keeping 3 kids out of stuff instead of me helping. So that's not really ideal either.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

That sucks. :( 

At my kid's school (the younger one) as long as you weren't in the work room with your baby they'll let you volunteer. No kids are allowed in the work room because there is a lot of stuff they can get hurt on in there. But that's not to say you couldn't be handed all the papers for a homework packet and staple them in the classroom. Or take stuff home to do. I don't know why they wouldn't suggest that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. proudmommy690
  2. cemcnair
  3. melliburger
  4. ScrChk23
  5. Ladyisis
  6. momofsixangels