Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 of 6 (Maybe) Surprising Energy Zappers

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

By RACHEL PARSONS

The Zapper: Clutter

At work you've got piles of papers closing in on you that you don't have time to file. At home, there's a week's worth of mail to sort through, take-out-menus all over your center island, and reams of "art" that your children have brought home from school that you just can't bring yourself to throw out piling up. Guess what? All that stuff is waging a two-pronged assault on your energy stores: First, there's the feng shui kind of drain that a chaos-filled space engenders and then there is the time that you waste looking for things.

Getting rid of clutter will make you more organized, more productive and happier at work and home. If you fear you may have a smidge of the hoarding gene, have some friends come over to help you clear out your space. Be ruthless. If you're not going to read it, if the kids aren't going to miss it (they won't), if you haven't worn it in the last year.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tigress22304
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM

this is why I stay busy-I can NOT STAND CLUTTER!!

lil_mama06
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM
I have lots of clutter...Mostly my crafty stuff and school stuff for the girls...My hubby and older girls have tried to throw some of my stuff away..Eventually I do miss it and my hubby has to rebuy what he threw out cause I need it...lol...
Apr1l
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I agree!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM
It wears me out just thinking about cleaning it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:14 PM

i was thinking of going through my house and just starting small, and getting rid of, or throwing away at least one thing every day.

SweetLuci
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Totally agree with this.

MamaJane
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM
That is a major no no for me! I hate clutter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)