Group Home

My day yesterday.. (Long)

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM
  • 34 Replies

So my day started out with my husband throwing a fit about like a 2yr old... After he went to work and I got my oldest daughter on the bus, I went back to sleep. I was soooo hoping my day would get better..

It didn't...

My mom needed to go to the grocery, so I figured I would pick up a few things too. 

We get the fruits and vegs that we want and proceed to the meat. My mom stopped and got some of the flowers that they have there that she loves. After we got the meat we wanted, we noticed my 3yr old daughter had some pollen on her finger. My mom grabbed a wipe that the store has out for customers to use. On the sign it says CART WIPE. It does not say not intended for anything else. They also have the wipes placed right after the chicken. So the should know that if someone comes along, they get some funky stuff on their hands from the chicken, they are going to use them to clean their hands. 

About a minute or 2 later from my mom wiping off my daughter's hand with a wipe, she started having a reaction. First her hands started to turn red and swell up. Then it moved up her arms. At this point we are on our way to customer service to let them know what had happened so they could take the actions needed to make sure it does happen again.

By the time we get to the service desk it had moved to her neck and behind her ears. As I was waiting on a manager to get there it had moved down her chest and onto her stomach. By the time I gave her some benadryl it has started down her legs as well. 

Then the manager procceeded to tell me that they are not to be used as baby wipes and so on. By the time we left that store, I felt like she was trying to blame me for what happened. No where on the sign did it say anything about not using on skin. 

At around 1 I called my oldest daughter's school. I told them I would not be able to pick her up and that she would have to ride the bus. At 3:35 I got a call from the school because my daughter was still there... I asked why, she was supposed to be on the bus. Thankfully they were able to get the bus driver to come back around and get her. 

Not a good day at all...

I talked to a lady today about what happened at the store. She is someone that works for Risk Control or something like that in the main office in San Antonio Texas. She was not happy about the situation. She asked me if there was anything she could do for me. I told her that I just want them to either move the wipes, or change the product. I don't want someone else to come along and the same thing happen to them. I told her next time it happens, it could happen to someone looking to make a quick buck. 

I talked to the people in the office of the school. I got all of that resolved as well.

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Wow...Hope your lil one is better...Very scary...
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:32 PM

She is. It was so scary. I started to have an anxiety attack when waiting to pay for my groceries. The entire way home I had to fight to keep from crying because of the entire situation.

Quoting lil_mama06:

Wow...Hope your lil one is better...Very scary...

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Wow, I'm so sorry. I am so glad you had benadryl on you. Is your child allergic to anything that would cause that reaction?  I know my nephew is highly allergic to a lot of food allergens and my sister has to carry an epi-pen because his reactions spread so quickly that he has gone into anaphalaxic shock and couldn't breath.  I'm so glad that your daughter is ok.

JKuney
by Jessica on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Oh wow I'm so sorry!! That sounds awful!! What do you think she was allergic to? I'm so glad that she responded to the Benedryl. It just seems like it was one of those bad days that you just want to go back and start all over... or well move forward quickly so that it is over!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:24 PM

What a horrible day you had! Happy your dd is ok.It wasnt your fault.It was the stores fault for not posting a sign

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:27 PM
If it was just on her finger, then it doesn't matter whether it was used for a baby wipe or not! Unless they want to provide gloves for everyone who cleans their cart, it could happen to anyone! What a rude lady.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Wow.l,ales you wonder what kind of wipes they are. Yikes and think of how many babies touch carts that were wiped those same wipes..anyone could have the same kind of reaction. Scary! 

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM
How scary about your daughter! And sorry about your bad day :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:54 PM
We've run the the grocery store after the bank gives the kiddos a sucker, and I have used those cart wipes on their hands before! If you're using them at all it's with your hands so it shouldn't matter!
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:56 PM
That's scary!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80