Group Home

Smarter Style: Boo-utiful Halloween Decor

Posted by   + Show Post

I love living in an apartment. Love it, love having the super that takes care of those clogs and leaks. Love that Kiddo meets and greets folks in the elevator each morning and afternoon. Love our view over the rooftops and the Hudson River.

But (oh you knew that was coming, didn't you?) when the holidays roll around, I do find myself a little bit of HDE. Holiday Décor Envy. I just don't have the yard or the space to do a lot of holiday decorating. The first one that kicks off semi-minor pangs of HDE? Halloween. I mean, this is the fun one, folks, when you can go all out and just enjoy the pure madness and silliness and fun of the holiday.

Alas, I won't let my HDE get in the way of illuminating the wonderful Halloween decor I have spotted all over the Internet lately. Forget those store-bought, pre-made plastic trinkets. See about making a few of these to really boo-st the scary scene in your abode.

If you are having a little Halloween soiree, why not make a spook-rific centerpiece for the table? These black paper flowers are perfect to create that eerie look...and they are so easy to make with just floral wire, tape and some black streamers. Find out more over on Country Living.  

I really hate spiders. REALLY hate them, but even I would take a big gulp and create this for a front porch scary spider dude. The folks at Spoonful.com have made a perfect step-by step guide. It really isn't hard...what is hard? Making sure Mama doesn't get the heebie-jeebies looking at it.

The queen of craftiness, Martha Stewart, brings us this fabulously chic, yet quite creepy wreath idea. Subtle yet can get those neck hairs standing up. Get some vinyl snakes, a wreath and black paint, you are good to scare those trick-or-treaters. Read the details at MarthaStewart.com.

How cool is this for an entryway? I know...I really want to make it. Centsationalgirl.com gives us the lowdown on how to do it with a frame from Kmart or even a thrift store, foam board, chalkboard paint, chalk, and twinkle lights. I think you could do something similar and less scary for Christmas too...just thinking...

Forget orange -- white is the new look for pumpkins. When you paint even the stems, it gives the little orbs a ghoulish effect. Pop in a votive and you have a spook-tacular grouping for a mantle or table. FamilyCircle.com has tons more ideas on how to make your pumpkins super-scary.

How do you decorate for Halloween? Do you go all out or just carve a pumpkin?

©iStockphoto.com/ chromatika       

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-51):
childofgod04
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:12 PM

We aren't decorating for Halloween and probably won't until we finally buy a house and have the space to do so. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci