Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm being a "mean mami" but oh well!!!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 23 Replies

both my kids have projects to work on this long weekend (they have mon & tues off) & on our way home this afternoon (my son had a b-day party this morning & afterwards i went to the eye dr to get mine & my daughter's glasses adjusted, then we went to the shoe store next door to look for shoes she needs for her ceili band outfit) i told them both we were working on their projects when we got home.  we have things going on sun & mon & i didn't want them to wait till after i got home from work tues to do the entire project, doing a little bit each day would be the easiest for us all.  so i told them we didn't have to do it all today but we were going to work on them a bit before their papi got home (it's a beautiful day here & he wants to go play put put, to a corn maze or something).  i also informed them that if they decided to goof off & play around rather than work on their projects i wasn't going to help them which left them the choice to do it themselves (which my little guy couldn't do as he can't read) or not do it & get a zero.  well they decided to play around when they got home so i simple told them i'm not offering to help out on these projects again & they are on their own.  so they are now in their room discussing how mean i'm being.  oh well!  they were warned!

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:05 PM

ah haha ha well...sometimes they need to get told and then DO what they have to

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Lol. They will get over it just as fast as they got mad

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Tough love lol
maxswolfsuit
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Whenever my kids tell me I am mean I tell them I must be doing a good job then. 

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM

lol!  they've never told me to my face but they do "whisper" behind closed doors how "i'm not being nice", "not being fair", etc.  i just laugh & let them have their vents.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Whenever my kids tell me I am mean I tell them I must be doing a good job then. 

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I get told I'm mean if I make them eat breakfast!
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:12 PM

oh wow! lol!  what do they say when you tell them they can't have dessert?

Quoting lyrick24:

I get told I'm mean if I make them eat breakfast!

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Lol, it's a tough job but someone has to be the enforcer!

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM

lol. kids... gotta love them.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Oct. 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM

oh well. they will learn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)