Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You hate Obama that much?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  • 17 Replies

I just had a conversation with someone who does not have insurance for her kids. They don't qualify for medicaid and she says she can't afford to add them to her insurance through work.

Someone suggested looking into the affordable health care act to see if she could get it cheaper that way. (I don't thinks she can because her work offers it) But she said no way. She doesn't care how much it would save her. She's not signing up for anything Obama has done. 

I don't get it. How can anyone justify denying their child medical care out of principle?

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Wow.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:16 PM

that is a bit extreme!  i know many that don't like his politics, what he's done in office, etc. but when it came down to it if his health care plans are the only way they could get medical insurance for their families they would do it.  perhaps begrudgingly but they wouldn't deny their children health care.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Wow...
Rushn311
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM

that is shocking

maxswolfsuit
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Quoting lizzig:

that is a bit extreme!  i know many that don't like his politics, what he's done in office, etc. but when it came down to it if his health care plans are the only way they could get medical insurance for their families they would do it.  perhaps begrudgingly but they wouldn't deny their children health care.

I have a really hard getting past the fact they don't have insurance. I know it's not cheap, but you have to prioritize. 

SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM

A lot of people don't trust him. I can understand that. To each their own. You can only do what feels right to you

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:10 PM

smh wow

jen2150
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I would never use obamcare even if it cost me more money.  It is unconsitutional and the government needs to stay out of our healthcare.  I would fight tooth and nail any law that violates our freedoms.  Not having insurance is not the same as denying your child medical care.  I don't get how people are ok with our rights being violated.

maxswolfsuit
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Quoting jen2150:

I would never use obamcare even if it cost me more money.  It is unconsitutional and the government needs to stay out of our healthcare.  I would fight tooth and nail any law that violates our freedoms.  Not having insurance is not the same as denying your child medical care.  I don't get how people are ok with our rights being violated.

The parent in question is not having her son evaluated even though she feels he needs it,  so she is denying him medical care. 

I don't begrudge anyone who wants to follow their principles. But if that means denying your child help he needs I feel it crosses a line. 

maxswolfsuit
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

A lot of people don't trust him. I can understand that. To each their own. You can only do what feels right to you

I have no issue with people not trusting him. 

I have an issue with not getting your child medical care when it's there for him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN