Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Celebrations: It's HOW many days 'til Christmas?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 35 Replies

I know, I know, I know...you are reading the title thinking, "C'mon, Heather! It isn't even Halloween or Thanksgiving yet!" It's not just me, folks, I've already seen holiday decorations for sale in stores.

Seriously, the holidays will be here before you know it...there are 71 days until HoHoHo day. But we all know we need to be done before then. When you think about it, there are 46 days until December 1, which is around the time I usually start decorating, and 60 days until December 14 when probably you would want to be done buying gifts -- or at least those gifts you need to ship or send, eh?

Also on my personal plate: Hanukkah. Which arrives this year on November 27...that's right at Thanksgiving, folks. A mere 43 days away. Even before Black Friday, so this interfaith mama has to start buying gifts sooner rather than later. 

So, yeah, the holidays are on my radar big time. The last few years, I haven't been as good about being aware of the calendar. The result? We didn't take advantage of cool holiday-ish festivities, and I paid more in shipping than I should have. Right. My falalalalalas were foiled all because the calendar just seemed to zoom along.

Hence, this post. To remind all of us (and myself) to start that planning now. Maybe start making a list of giftees, perhaps checking websites to find out when the tree lighting and Christmas choral concerts are happening.

Are you starting to think about the holidays? What is the first thing you do to start to get ready? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Devonyu          

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I don't think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving! I mean I will buy some things here and there if I see a good deal, but I like to focus on one holiday at a time lol.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM
I am! I'm afraid it will come and go too too quick this year! I'm thinking of what to get all the kids for Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twnkedee
by Tia on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:35 AM

I don't really do much Christmas stuff until Thanksgiving, but my mother has already started her shopping!

bhwrn1
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Ugh, I can't think about it! LOL!

mamivon2
by Sandra on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Im trying to save up some money for presents... between my mini babysitter job (about 40-60dollars a week) my bil rent he lives in our guesthouse..and some paycheck money (not much maybe 10 dollars) I should be able to get a little bit of money.. also pay my dds martial art lesson with all that) but I am trying

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Yes. The first thing I doo is make a list.

critter_boo
by Sarah on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:59 AM
I do a little but I love to shop black friday
deadlights86
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Last year Christmas was over before I was even mentally ready for it. My jolly festive mood came 2 weeks later and I thought damn i missed out. This year I've already started buying stuff. I'm looking forward to the holidays.
Chirinos
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:07 AM
I'm already done with my xmas shopping.
wandep
by Pam on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:33 AM

We usually don't start decorating till after Thanksgiving. I am having Thanksgiving at my house this year. All of my mom's family will mostly be joining us. So far I've counted about 20 people coming. This will be the first time having it at my house. So excited about it. Gotta get busy cleaning!! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)